Child Passport - Acquired Citizenship

sresan

Registered Users (C)
I hope to complete my naturalization process in the next 2-3 months. Though my daughter (aged 12) is an LPR, she lives abroad due to a family emergency for the last 2 years alongwith my wife. However, with re-entry permit, they have been visiting US regularly. My question is this:

- Will my daughter become a citizen when she visits US after I take oath?

- Can she immediately return from the United States to get her first passport aboard? Or, should she stay here for 3-4 weeks to get a passport?

Please advise.

sresan said:
I hope to complete my naturalization process in the next 2-3 months. Though my daughter (aged 12) is an LPR, she lives abroad due to a family emergency for the last 2 years alongwith my wife. However, with re-entry permit, they have been visiting US regularly. My question is this

- Will my daughter become a citizen when she visits US after I take oath?

Yes, as long as her GC is valid.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/bio_residing_US.htm

- Can she immediately return from the United States to get her first passport aboard? Or, should she stay here for 3-4 weeks to get a passport?

If she has a confirmed air ticket, she can get her passport on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we apply simultaneously? what additional documentation she needs to provide as she will not have her certificate of naturalization? She will be applying immediately after I take oath.

Thanks for the help.