Child age frozen question in CP??

tiwari_raddi

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

As we all know, with AOS, the age of a child will be frozen when I485 is filed. My question is:

With CP, when a child age will be frozen? i.e. on the date of I140 approval or on the date of Interview?

Huge thanks.

TR:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

On the date of filing DS230pt1

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1369.html

Check this DOS cable to Embassies/consulates. If possible get this confirmed from yr attorney and post his response for everyone's benefit. Rajiv's reply to this was not clear to me. You can hear his response in the last tele-conference he held. My own attorney's reply was not confirming this either. I could not make out whether he was ignorant and was covering it or was just not willing to opine for some reason!

You could also get it confirmed from the Emb/Consulate. Best of Luck. Probably you are aware the time it took to approve i140 gets deducted from the child's age.

H

Dear all,

As we all know, with AOS, the age of a child will be frozen when I485 is filed. My question is:

With CP, when a child age will be frozen? i.e. on the date of I140 approval or on the date of Interview?

Huge thanks.

TR:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hanuman55, Thanks a lot

Hi, Hanuman55,

Many thanks for your reply and suggestions. I am going to find out it and share it with all people here.

Best regards.

TR

Answer to the question

Hanuman55 and those interested,

It was confirmed with my lawyer: A child age could be frozen if:

1. I140 is approved and

2. the cut-off dates are current.

thanks.

TR