Chicago Transfer Cases

It seems as all of us are suffering a lot due to transferring to Chicago local office. I saw that in immigration.com, people are signing up for backlog in NSC or other center. How about us? I guess that there is nothing that we can do, right?
:(

Received denial of application

My wife had her interview Jan 7th 2003.
We are still waiting for the approval.

We had applied to renew her Advance Parole (3rd one) and got a letter couple of days ago stating that her Advance Parole application has been denied because she has been granted "lawful permanent residence" and no longer requires AP.

If she does not receive her I-485 approval within the next two weeks she cannot travel outside the country.

It's all very screwed up!

yaniv:

What was your wifes RD, TD, etc?

I think you should go to the BCIS office or contact your local congressman.

Chicago approved wife's case today

After a Jan 7th interview we got an RFE which we responded to on Jan 25th.

Finally got the approval notice in mail today.

RD: jan 2001
TD: jan 2002
ID: jan 2003
AD: May 2003

interview done and stamped!

Folks,

My wife and I had a successful interview on May 22. Both our cases were approved and stamped on that date.

I had not rcvd. my interview letter but I went to local office for an inquiry and explained them the situation, after few day I rcvd by second FP notice and interview sched. letter (for same day as my wife).

On day of the interview the IIO was very helpful and promptly approevd and stamped the passport.

I guess I now wait in the line for the card.

Thanks to the board for all helpful suggestion and tracking

Originally posted by Lcl_Chi_wait
After a long wait, on April 4th we rcvd. call for interview for my wife for May 21. But till date I have not rcvd call for my interview. Since I am the primary applicant, how would her interview proceed?? Any comments/suggestions?

Moreover, my FP also expired but no letter for second FP for me?

I am really confused about local INS's "scheduling"!!

Hi Lcl_Chi_wait

Congrats on your GC approval.

Can you tell me What documents did IIO ask for Relating to Employment?

thanks

received plastic today

My wife received approval notice on May 23rd.
received plastic card May 25th.

Amazing! For me there was a 6 month gap between approval and plastic.

Ap Renewal Transfered to Chicago after 9 months

guy

my case for ap renewal and my wife 824 were transferred to chicago from NSC on 05/09/2003, I have been in contact with a local lawyer to try to get an emergency Advacen Parol Visa, the supervisor of the AP Department, he told him that he did approve my Visa, but he can not send it to me until he review or sees the actuall file, He did mention that the file is there and it is in the building, but he can not get to it, any one has any info about this situation. Thanks!!!!

Chiwaiter have U heard from Local office yet

Chiwaiter,
I have a new thread for 6/01 RD's and earlier.... I did my 2nd FP 05/03 and have noticed that some 9/01 RD's have already had interviews scheduled. Just wondering if you have heard from Chicago 'cos I havent heard anything beyond my 2nd FP notice. I wonder if there's anything more frustrating......

I received notice to go for my second set of FP today 6/09/2003. Lets hope Interview call comes soon after that.

RD 09/13/2001
1st FP 02/2002
2nd FP 06/2003

Fingerprint Notice!

Hello Islamabadi,

Would you not mind to tell that what exactly the wordings of your FingerPrint Notice?

Is it specifically mention particular Day to go and give FingerPrints or you can go on any day with in mentioned week.

Thanks
ImmiIL

Last edited by a moderator:
It is that we can go any day of the scheduled week. There is no definitive date, only a deadline by when these are needed by.

Also, if we do not have them done by a certain date, then there is warning of application abandonement.

I hope this answers what you were looking for.

-islamabadi

Thanks!

Hi Islamabadi,

Thanks a lot for your Response.

Eventhough i expected the same but just to reconfirm.

ImmiIL

Hello
Even I got second fingerpriniting notice two weeks back and already completed it, do you have any idea how long local INS would take to call to an interview, or I am too optimistic to expect an interview soon.

FYI: RD : Aug 2001,
TD: Oct 2002,
FP1: Dec 2001
FP2: Jun 2003

I appreciate your reply. Thankyou

I don't think FP notice has any correlation to the interview date. I have looked at the dates posted and only came to this conclusion.

EAD Renewal

My cuurent EAD expires 06/24 and I have a renewal appointment for 06/25. DOes anyone know if this may become a problem for the AOS interview? Also, do I need to go off payroll for half day??

Please help.. Thank god for this website!!!

Regarding EAD Appointment

Hi Dfagen

I presume that your appointment is at a Local Office of BCIS. Local Offices follow the 90 Days' rule for EAD i.e. you are eligible to get EAD after 90 days of receipt of I-765 by the BCIS. Whenever you are past 90 days, just go to the office where you sent your application and show them the evidence of your application (Copy of I-765, Copy of Money Order/ check as proof of payment of fees) and your current EAD. They will issue a new EAD without any fuss. You don't need to tell them that your appointment is on a particular date.
I had the same situation last year. I received appointment after my EAD was expiring. I went to Chicago BCIS where my application was pending and they issued a new EAD as more than 90 days had passed since I sent my EAD renewal application.
PS- My current EAD is expiring on September 18, 2003 and I have mailed my I-765 renewal application on June 10,2003.