Chicago stamping experience

helloSuganthi

Registered Users (C)
Guys
We got stamped in chicago on Gandhi Jayanthi. The whole think took just 1 hour. We reached INS office at 6.20 am and were out by 7.20 am. We drove on 90/94 and there was too much traffic bothways. We reached at 6.20 am at INS but there were only around 25 people in front of us. This may be because it was raining lightly. From I90/94 I took Jackson Blvd exit. The office is located at State street intersection. I dropped my wife at INS and then went straight and took a right on Wabash avenue. There is plenty of parking there. Paid parking is also available which is around $11. But there are plenty of roadside parking available. Take lots of quarters with you. Every 10 mins will cost a quarter. Maximum of 1 hour. This is just 3 minutes walk from INS office. The INS opened at 7 am. Guys once you enter dont directly go and and stand in the regular queue. There will be a seperate one lane queue at the extreme left. Wait there as one person will come and call all 485 approved people and ask them to stand in this seperate queue. There were only 4 of us in total in this queue. We passed thru security check like airport. Then they took us to room number 100. We were 4 people and for each they took only 5 minutes. I gave my passport, I94, 2 photos, EAD, Advance parole, 485 approval notice (courtesy copy) to the officer. He took my signature and fingerprint,asked by date of birth and stamped the passsport immediately and gave it to me. It was just a simple red color stamp. Nothing like a visa. For one guy he said photo is not good and asked to bring a new one. Guys there is a walgreens just opposite to INS where you can get a photo. We were out on the road at 7.20 am. It was very simple and cool.
Normally I guess it will take 1 month after stamping to receive the plastic cards. So we are waiting. I guess the above info will be useful for others. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer. Wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing exp

Did u have both - approval and or just coustsey copy?

I am thinking to go next week. But have CC so far.

Thanks

We just had courtesy copy. Original copy is with lawyer. You dont need original copy. I see that you have asked this question number of times. Dont be worried. Everything will be fine.