Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVM?

I couldn't get to my case either through AVM. I had to doubt if my case was really certified or not.

You can try email, see if it works.

Urgent - LC remand in CA. Want to try Chicago Ofice

I heard all IT cases in CA gets automatically remanded from DOL to SESA (state level) automatically. Is it happening is Chicago or any other states?
Tks

Remand

I heard all IT cases in CA get remanded from DOL to SESA (state level).

Is it happening in Chicago or any other states?

Tks

lawyer says my case is with regional, but ...

Hi,
My lawyer said they received a letter from IOWA SESA that my case was sent to Chicago DOL on May 22nd. But when I checked it with AVM giving my employers phone number, I dont find any case around that date. What can I do to make sure my case is with Chicago DOL, pls advise, thanks

Re: Chicago DOL Part 9

Originally posted by ma117
Part 8 has become too big and taking time to load. Please post all messages related to Chicago DOL here.

Thanks,

My state is processed in IOWA and sent to Chicago DOT on 20th October 2002 and i did not get the approval till now. I was checking on the automated number of chicago and it says that my application is recived on 21 of october 2002. How do i know what stage is it in and how long it might take

Sri

Re: Processing 12/16/2001

Originally posted by skoppuse
Today I called DOL to find the status of my case and they are processing cases received on 12/16/2001,

How to find out what date case they are processing now. in Chicago dol

Sri

Company HQ in CA, work at Chicago branch. Can I apply for LC from Chicago

My employer's HQ is in CA (a big software company). I work at company's Chicago office (Branch) as a developer. I was told by company's legal department that I have to apply LC in CA according to company's rule.

Question:
1. By law, can I apply from Chicago since Chicago's LC is much more current than CA?
2. Are there any documentation on the website that can prove I can apply LC from Chicago.

Your help is appreciated.

HAMILTON

The LC can be applied from any location where ur firm has an office and pays taxes to the local government. How ever some companies file LC only at their headquarters. I am also told that there is no definition whether a particular location is the HEADQUARTERS of a company.

thanks

Hamilton,
I work with the big company and they have hq in ca and office all over us. IN 2001 I filed from CA, now I am thinking I made a wrong choice, I should have fought with my lawers and should have started my lc from CT or FL which is going to be my future office. I am strulling to get my LC from CA, I even do not know I will get my GC or not.
One of my co-worker who file at the same time form fl got the LC aproved and he will get his gc soon and here I am fking around LC.
Best of Luck man.

NOF from Chicago.

NOF is related to prevalling wage.

1. How bad it is? Is there chances of rejection.

2. How prevalling wage get calculated.

Please reply.

I guess lawer first find the prevailing wages for the state before you apply.
Can you send more details? If I know I will be able to help you.

my labor certification has been approved -- my company HR person just informed me -- but the phone message has not changed.

I dont know when it was sent to DOL. I dont have a dot code or case number. I only have a letter from the State with priority date. got that letter in may. Now my HR tells me labor is approved.

The received date will be in the phone message when you check the status based on your employer phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.