Chicago Oath

chicagoboy77

Registered Users (C)
I have been told that Chicago DO hands the oath letter right after the interview however I have also seen evidence to the contrary can my Chicagoen friends confirm one way or the other?

I have been told that Chicago DO hands the oath letter right after the interview however I have also seen evidence to the contrary can my Chicagoen friends confirm one way or the other?

My information may not be up to date, but when I had my interview at the Chicago DO (which was 2 years ago), people from Chicago/Chicago suburbs whose cases were recommended for approval at the interview, did receive their oath letters at the conclusion of the interview. However, those from central/south Illinois (such as myself) had to wait for the oath letter to arrive by mail. The reason for that is the in the central/southern Illinois the federal courts claimed exclusive jurisdiction over the naturalization oaths, and only judicial oaths are available for applicants from those areas. So unless things changed, if you are from Chicago/Chicago area, are recommended for approval at the interview, and are not requesting a name change, you should get an oath letter at the conclusion of the interview.

Thanks very much for your reply.
I am from Dekalb IL 60115 so I guess this is still within Chicago suburb?
Am I correct?
I am less than an hour from Chicago downtown

Thanks very much for your reply.
I am from Dekalb IL 60115 so I guess this is still within Chicago suburb?
Am I correct?
I am less than an hour from Chicago downtown

While I can't know this for sure, by looking at the map it does seem likely that you are correct and that Dekalb should fall into the Chicago suburbs category and that you should get the oath letter at the end of the interview, assuming your case is recommended for approval.

I had my interview last week in chicago office, and after interview they gave me the oath leter which is next week. I noticed arround 20 people who got their oath letter right after the interview . furher after 2 days of interview i also received a letter of oath in the mail. I so happy it is so fast. Chicago office great... I'm from norhtwest of chicago