Interview ND: ????
Interview Dt" ????

RD:3/01
ND:4/01
TD:2/02
Interview Letter Dt: 8/15
Interview Dt: 10/02

Never recd xfer notice.

Got interview after local congressman intervened.

Hi All,

My case is got transfered from VSC in first week of May, Still waiting for interview. Please share your experience.

ND:5/01
TD:5/02

case transferred to chicago

My and my wife's case transferred to chicago

RD (both) - 8/2001
ND (both) - 9/2001
TD (both) - 9/2002

Transfer Notice recieved. Waiting for information from Chicago Service Center.

Msg for INDLEB

Which Congressman did you contact for your case?
Whom did you talk in his/her office?
What info was required from you for them to persue your case with Chicago Service Center?

AVM for Local Transfer????

Request to all those whose cases were transferred to local offices to post the message they heard on the AVM.

This request is to get an idea if there is particular pattern in the way cases might get processed at local offices.

Message for my case on AVM said that the Transfer was to Expediate Processing.

Chicago Transfer

My wife was transferred from Nebraska to Chicago Jan 24th 2002.
Her RD Jan 2001.

No interview yet. The senator's office has been utterly useless in helping us - all they did was to make an inquiry on our behalf - and got a totally generic and useless response from the INS. The senator's aide even said "I cannot speed up their granting an interview. All I can do is make an inquiry on your behalf".

I hear stories of senators "intervening" or "pushing your case through". I have not seen it, at least not at the 2 senators offices I've dealt with in Chicago.

Is there a case worker who actually gives a shit? If so I'd like to know.

Local transfer interview

We had our interview at the local office on 10/16. Our details are:

ND:4/01
TD:2/02

Never got xfer notice. Got interview letter after CONGRESSWOMAN's office intervened (Jan Scahkowski's office and they do care about cases like ours. The case worker is Mary Ann Limjoco and she is very helpful and prompt. and YES the SEnator's office is totally useless, and at least the case worker that we dealt with was extremely rude and unhelpful )

Anyway the whole interview lasted for about 50 minutes and according to the officer the reason for transfer was that we had been married less than 2 years at the time of I485 application (we had been married for 20 months). And even though we had our one year old daughter with us, the officer asked for and took copies for all the necessary documents like tax returns, bank statements, house deeds, child's birth certificate etc for the records.

Unfortunately our fingerprints had expired (we had them done in June 01) and so the passports did not get stamped. She gave us fingerprinting notices and said that within a month or so we should be receiving an approval letter and the we have to go INS office for passport stamping.

It's ridiculous that they do not send a finger printing notice again till you actually go for an interview, or they did not take care of that point while scheduling the interview (we got our interview letters in mid August).

The other weird things were that they had diiferent original fingerprinting dates for me and my spouse (we did it on the same date though) and they also had my country of birth wrong!!Scary!

So the saga still continues. and I will post once I get an approval letter.

congrats to indleb and few questions

Congratulations on making it to the iview and hopefully the GC.

Few of questions regarding getting the help of the Congressmen/women for a pending case with Chicago INS.
1. How did you get in touch with the congresswoman's office, in person, phone or letter?
2. What did you have to say or present for them to persue your case with Chicago INS?
3. What response you got from congresswoman's office after they persued your case with INS?

Local Chicago Tranfer

Hi all
My RD is Aug 10, 2001 and today I checked online and it says
my case has transfered to Chicago INS, and the message
is like below
"On Oct 16,2002, we transferred your I-485 ...offfice in CHICAGO,IL, for processing. Our Office in Chicago, Il will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. If.."

Do you know whether this means it would be a case for Interview
or Local INS will send an approval notice?

Also, an FYI.. Today, I talked with my attroney and itseems
Chicago, INS would take approximately 3-9 months to take a decision if case gets transferred from NSC. Also, a side note
I suspect my case got transfered because I filed I-485 with my
spouse before six months after marriage.

Any information appreciated.
Raj

congrats to indleb and few questions

Congratulations on making it to the iview and hopefully the GC.

Few of questions regarding getting the help of the Congressmen/women for a pending case with Chicago INS.
1. How did you get in touch with the congresswoman's office, in person, phone or letter?
2. What did you have to say or present for them to persue your case with Chicago INS?
3. What response you got from congresswoman's office after they persued your case with INS?

for savvy_123

Found out about the congressman who is from our congressional district and the contact info from www.congress.gov. It's very eassy to find. We called up their closest office to us, and they told us to contact their office in Evanston who deal with immigration related cases. I called up that office and the gentleman there was very helpful and within 1/2 hour of my call, he faxed me some documents which needed to be signed by us, and we also had to fax them the I485 receipts and case details. I just wrote down the exact situation of our case with dates etc and faxed them back. Within a week they launched an inquiry and they sent us letters at home saying the same.

Within a week/10 days they got a response rom the INS stating that they will schedule our interview at the earliest available date (the letter was sent to congresswoman's office, who in turn sent copies to us).

And within 2 weeks from there we recd the interview letters from the INS. So I think if it's a genuine case where INS has messed up, they do respond to congressional inquiries.

I hope this answers all your questions.

If you decide to contact your congressman/woman, then write down all the details, like if you/your lawyer have tried to contact the local INS office or filled out those yellow inquiry forms.

Good luck!!

My case was transferred to Chicago to "expedite processing".
TD: 9/11/2002

Has anyone been called for an interview with a TD after 2/2002?
Please post details so that we can keep track of the progress.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
transferred to local (chicago) INS

Hi,
My case and wife case has been transfered to local chicago INS. Any idea how long will it take for approval.

Details:

RD: 7/30/2001
ND: 9/12/2001
RFE: 9/26/2002 - EMPLOYMENT LETTER, BC, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
RFE responded by 10/26/2002
TRANSFERED ON 11/15/2002.

Thanks,

I485WAITPLUS,

As far as I have seen on this forum, it is taking between 6 months to more than a year to be called for an interview at the Chicago office.

Anything new from Chicago..has anyone been called for an interview lately?. No idea why case was transfered as i am single.

RD:10/15/01
TD:5/17/02
Waiting on interview,

Thanks,

Has tranfer something to do with Employer change?

IS there anyone in this forum whose cases are transferred to local office and they have changed companies under AC21??

Please post..

Is Every 485 Case Transferred!!

A similar question ,

Is all 485 cases transferred(from NSC) to Chicago for further processing.

TIA