Chicago Local Transfer - Approved

:( I know that you are probably right on this. What a luck with us. One of my friends has been transferred in 3/02 and receipt date was in 2001 sometimes and still did not get the interview letter yet.

I do not think it is by the TD since you can have TD, from say NSC, almost at the end of your waiting period, which can then put you very delayed in Chicago queue. But I wont be surprised if Chicago still does not have this figured out:confused:

NETELECTRONIC, my friend's receipt date is actually in 2000 and her case has been transferred in 3/2002. Sorry for the mistake, but he is still waiting.
:(

help!!

I485waitplus and mpatel 2

Rd - 6/12/01
ND - 8/27/01
1st FP - 01/09/02
TD - 06/26/02
2nd FP - 05/03
Interview Date??

Looks like waitplus had a 07/01 RD and mpatel had a 2000 RD and both got interview at the same time??? Mine's a 06/01 RD and no word beyond the 2nd FP......

FP Notice Date

First notice on April 12 for FP on April 26 went to wrong address. 2nd notice received on 05/01 for 05/06 FP. FP completed on 05/03 (the guy at the ASC was very nice)

help please

RD 8/02
TD 1/03
I never applied EAD. As it is taking longer time in Chicago, I am planning to file for EAD now. In case I am fired, some one told me I can transfer to another employer, if I have EAD. Is it advisable to apply for EAD for family too?

Chicago interview completed..

Went in for the interview today.. officer was nice and to the point. Asked routine questions.. date of birth, place of birth. Requested employment letter, pay stubs, W2s, medicals. He said that he will run a secondery security (Name) check and will mail approval letter in about 2 weeks.

RD: 9/10/2001
TD: 5/2002
Interview Letter: 5/1/2003
Interview completed: 6/4/2003
Approval pending name check.

Good luck everybody,

Yeah! Good Luck!!!

Its been over 6 months since my spouse's interview. Her case was sent for the name check just like yours and we were promised results within a couple of weeks. And 6 months later, here we are! Just as frustrated as ever! A plea to the congressman's office, a personal visit to the INS and a note from the INS officer to the IIO for quick approval on the case have all proved futile!

We are pulling our hair now out of sheer desperation!!

Hope your case goes better than ours!

Congratulations, gc_for_spouse!

You mentioned that you have contacted congressman's office. Which one did you contact and how does it work? I have been waited for over 600 days and become really stressed out. Thank you for any info.

I did not say our case was approved!!!

Wait_for_crazy,

Our case is not approved. That is why you hear about our hair pulling stunts!

Sorry, gc_for_spouse. I guess that I missed the hair pulling part. :)

I was too frustrated myself. Do you mind to share on how you have contacted the congressman's office? I am kind of willing to try anything at this point.

My case is employment based and still get trasferred for some reason that I am not aware.

I contacted Congressman Rahm Emmanuel

I just wrote a letter to our congressman informing him of our plight and requesting them for any help. I submitted copies of my documents (receipt, passport, etc..) along with the letter.

They went out and inquired after our case with the INS and received the standard reply from the INS.

And so it goes. On and on and on and .....

Thanks for the info and sorry to hear it.

It is very unfortunate for the case to be transferred to the local - I think. It is like you can never find it out what is going on anymore. Good luck to your spouse and every one of us waiting in Chicago!

waiting for approval since January 9, 2003

I had my interview on January 9, 2003. The Officer gave me a letter that my application is complete. He verbally advised me that I should get the approval in about 2 weeks. Mine is a family based I-485 case. My spouse is a citizen. Here is the chronological order of the crucial dates

Receipt Date - June 18, 2001
EAD- September 18, 2001
1st FP- Jan 15, 2002
AP- June 26, 2002
EAD Renewed - September 18, 2002
Interview- January 9, 2003
2nd FP- April 2, 2003
AP Renewal Applied- May 20,2003 (No confirmation received)

I received notice to go for my second set of FP today 6/09/2003. Lets hope Interview call comes soon after that.

RD 09/13/2001
1st FP 02/2002
2nd FP 06/2003