Chicago Local Interview - didn't get stamped

Wamu:

I think you should go to local office by yourself and ask to talk with I485 Supervisor, I called one of a citizenship supervisor, she said we can go to talk to a supervisor. So, just try it, it doesn't make any sense to wait one year after interview. We are going to wait another one more month before we take any action.

Wait_too_long

Nothing new, Wamu.

I sent the letters to a congressman office and a senator office.
One return mail said to wait for 90 days and then contact them again. The other said after they would contact CIS and let me know it within 30 to 60 days.
Thus, I'm just waiting for it. Maybe they will send the same story as yours.

For My husband,
He didn't get anything since transfered. No second FP and no interview call. He just sent inquiry to congress units.

I read the report in newspaper this morning that some people(10 or 12 people together) sued CIS because their case is pending unreasonably almost 6 years.

I'll keep contacting CIS and the congressional units periodically.
After tax season( I'm accountant and busy til April ), I'll decide whether other actions like legal processing are needed.

Wamu and others, let's keep posting each situation.
Good luck to everybody.

My status

I have just sent a request letter to the FBI as per Sueh's guidelines (thanks Sueh). I also called the national call number with absolutely zero results (what a piece of crap that number is: they say they have status even for local office cases and yet they just parrot out the usual two year old crap from the service center!). I will wait for the FBI response and take action based on that. The congressman's office has not been able to do anything so far.

Got Approval Letter!

Hi Sueh or others still waiting after the interview - it surprises me that my spouse actually got the approval letter at the last day of 2003. He also got his passport stamped. We didn't do hanything yet excpet waiting after the interview (around 2 months). So I think they are still working. Also, we are lucky to get a very responsible officer. She approved my spouse's case at Dec. 24th.

Hopefully you all get news very quickly too.

Re: My status

Hey... can you tell me how to send a letter to the FBI. Also I'll really appreciate it if you could give me the format.

Thanks.

Originally posted by gc_for_spouse
I have just sent a request letter to the FBI as per Sueh's guidelines (thanks Sueh). I also called the national call number with absolutely zero results (what a piece of crap that number is: they say they have status even for local office cases and yet they just parrot out the usual two year old crap from the service center!). I will wait for the FBI response and take action based on that. The congressman's office has not been able to do anything so far.

Approved

I got a call from my attorney yesterday. My case was approved.

As I posted before, I sent the inquiry letter with FBI name check result right after interview. Senator office asked to CIS about my concern. They also forwarded CIS's receipt letter to me.
I'm not sure whether it might work.

Two or three months after interview is understandable time frame. However, almost one year is too long. I know two or three in this forum didn't get approved even in one year after interview.

I believe if you get name check result directly from FBI or CIA, it may make them pay attention to your file.

For my husband, he didn't get any notice after transferred.
No second fingerprinting and no interview call. When I went for interview, I confirmed his file was in Chicago.
He just sent the inquiry letter to Senator office last week.

Congrats, Sueh

Sueh, Hearty congrats to you on your approval. Well deserved and not a day too soon.

This gives me a bit of hope. I still have not received a reply from the FBI to my name check inquiry.

For the person asking about the FBI letter format, please check back a few posts in this thread for Sueh's post. It contains details about this.

Sueh:

Congratulation!

Yes, this gives me a little hope, hopefully mine will be approved soon. I remember your interview is later than mine. I sent a letter to Chicago office today, and I wish I could get their response. Like I told you, mine name checking was sent to CIS on August last year.

Thanks

Wait_to_long

Our case has been approved! Woohoo!

We received the approval letter in the mail last night. The letter states that the resident card is already being processed, so we don't have to go for passport stamping.

Finally, we can breathe free.

I feel so lonely.........

Hi Sueh & Gcforspouse,

Please accept my Congratulations on getting you well deserved approvals. Although, it came after a considerable delay, atleast you can heave a sigh of relief that the GC Ordeal is finally over.

After seeing many oldtimers getting approved, I am in considerable pain not knowing when will my approval come. I have been following up with my Senator & Congressman, but to no avail. I don't know where to turn to for help.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Wamu, you're next

Wamu,

I am sure your case will be approved very soon. Since our FBI name checks went at about the same time, I think the FBI has probably processed and sent back the results in a batch. That is why we are seeing approvals now. Your case should be very close to approval.

Wamu, you're next

Wamu,

I am sure your case will be approved very soon. Since our FBI name checks went at about the same time, I think the FBI has probably processed and sent back the results in a batch. That is why we are seeing approvals now. Your case should be very close to approval.

Wamu,
It would be your turn soon.
I have the same idear as gc for spouse.
It looks like there is some progress between FBI and CIS.
I'll pray for you.

People like you give us strength....

Dear Sueh and Gcforspouse,

Thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers. In this long and painful journey of green card, It means a lot to me. I feel much better after reading your posts.

Thanks again.

Wamu and any others

Contact Dick Durbin, Senator and ask som help.
I'm sure he can help you.

I'm sure my case was approved with his help.
My husband didn't get any notice even second fingerprinting after transfered. The senator office contacted CIS.
We got his second fingerpringtin notice yesterday.

Contact FBI and get your name check result first.
Then contact his office.
It may work for you.
Good luck.

Sueh:

Thanks for still updating info for us. I have been contacting with Senator's office a year ago, he helped, but it seems not much. Now, I am using Congressman to help us. You are lucky to get yours approved, I am still waiting, and my wife is still waiting for her interview.

Hopefully I get mine approved soon.

Please keep visiting this site and we can still talking.

wait_to_long