Chicago, IL- N-400 Timeline

Ronaldo2009

Registered Users (C)
For those with the Chicago DO, how long before receiving IL after fingerprints?

DO: Chicago, IL
6/16/09: N-400 Mailed Phoenix lockbox
6/18/09: N-400 Received
6/30/09: FP notice received
7/18/09: FP appointment
7/01/09: FP appointment (Done-Walk-in)
XX/XX/09: IL
XX/XX/09: ID
XX/XX/09: OD

Thanks Ronaldo2009. I was going to post the same question. I am in the same situation like you (with just 3 days difference). I am still waiting for the Interview Letter. Does anyone bring light on that question? Thanks.

I tried calling USCIS today and I was informed that I was put into interview queue on 7/9, whatever that means. However, I still have not received anything yet.
Cheers

usually it takes 4 - 6 weeks. All of the time lines for Chicago you can find in the link I posted before:) Good luck

about 3-5 weeks

get FP done before the appointment date?

Hi Ronaldo,

Based on your time line, it looks like you got your FP done before the appointment date. How did you do that? Years ago, I tried to do the FP before the appointment date for my greencard case and they refused to do it (the guard didn't let me in). Which office did you do the FP? Naperville office? Is it ok to do the FP before the appointment date for citizenship case? Please advice.

Thanks,

Hi PatrickChicago
I went to the application support center in Norridge and just got on the waiting line. There was no security guard, just a lovely lady who took my information and gave me ticket to wait for my number to be called. She never asked me anything regarding doing my FP early and I did not say anything either. I hope this help.
Cheers

Hi PatrickChicago
I went to the application support center in Norridge and just got on the waiting line. There was no security guard, just a lovely lady who took my information and gave me ticket to wait for my number to be called. She never asked me anything regarding doing my FP early and I did not say anything either. I hope this help.
Cheers

Thanks for the info. So it was Norridge center. I wish I could finger print there. :) Mine is Naperville center where they have a gate keeper at the front (5 years ago). I think it's worth to try it. Hopefully that guard is no longer there. Five years is quite a long time. :)

My interview date is 8/5 at the Naperville center and tried to go early, there was no door man but the lady at the desk politely refused to do it ahead of time, she gave some BS reason about, corresponding paper work does not get to the application center till the day of appointment

Re

Again, I do not understand why you are trying to blame the person doing her job. You were given a specific date, and you are supposed to follow it. There is a reason why everyone is given a specific date. Why don't you follow the Queue system and you will be fine. You are not applying for a green card where a day would make a difference and it is not voting year either.