Chest X-rays : to carry or not while entering USA ?

swagho

Registered Users (C)
hi,
my interview was done on 17th and it went very smoothly.

Only 2/3 questions were asked. We were inside the interview box for about 5 minutes and most of that time was taken by the officer in going over the documents.

Unlike some members have noted, the indian officer was also very cool and helpful.

They did not take the chest x-rays and have given them back. They took onlt the smaller medical exam reports.

Do we need to carry the X-rays along while entering USA (they are really big in size!) ? Also, do we need anything other than the passports and the yellow visa packets ?

Special thanks to kdivekar and raju for answering many of my questions.

thanks,
Swagho

i dont think you need to carry your xray. Even the consulate specifically says not to bring the xray for the interview unless you have some problems like failing tb test. we didnt take the xray for the interview or when we came to USA.

swagho,

Congratulations on your success.

Though I carried back the X-rays in my luggage, they were not asked for at the POE.

Raju

Same here I carrried the X-rays but was not asked for it. Not sure if it is required to be carried while entering usa.

Received P Card

Hello everyone,

I received my plastic card on Nov 28'TH.

Had entered the U.S on Nov 6'TH.

Received 2 welcome letters during the week Nov 17-21.

Waiting for the SSN to arrive - I guess that completes this process.

Best Regards

Jkaipa

jkaipa:

To the best of my knowledge (even if they have selected yes on ds 230-part ii) , one has to go to the SSN office and inform them that your status has changed and hence you need a new SSN card with same SS number without the restriction statement. I got it done a few hours back and I got a signed letter from local SSA office that my wife and I should receive the new SSN card within next 2 weeks and if we do not receive it in 2 weeks we can call them and they will issue it then.

xrays

the PoE officer told us to hang on to our xrays for 1 yr. he said sometimes, public health officials will contact immigrants to ask for these xrays.