Cherry Hill-NJ Timeline

ppr259

Registered Users (C)
Will some one provide update on Cherry Hill - NJ time line? Is it possible to complete the process in 10 months as in Newark. Appreciate your input. Thanks

doubt it ... took me 2yrs & seemed like tthey'd lost my app.
rumor is they may shut dn office

Thanks for your reply. I am confused. I have couple of months to file. I may have to relocate in New Jersey due to wife 's job situation. Is it worth to wait and file after relocating? Hopefully filing in Newark office.

newark is a madhouse but still moves a lot faster & at least u can stand in line to inquire. at CH there's no way to even ask for status becuz they killed infopass. it's tiny office. u lose > 6mo's by chg of address

Guys (emote, ppr259 etc.)

I am not sure if you are still around but i am an in a similar situation. So if you (or anyone else with any kind of information) happen to read this post, please reply. I will greatly appreciate..

I am in a similar situation. We'll be moving out soon from Newark, DO region to Cherry Hill DO and I am trying to get as much information as possible on CherryHill processing times. Looks like CH is much slower compared to Newark. Is it still the case? Any update? Has anyone been able to get his/her natz application processed in 9mths-1 year time frame.

I will greatly appreciate any kind of input on CH, NJ DO.

Thanks in advance

Newark DO

The way I have been reading this forum, recently there was a case of PD 11/04 who got interview & oath on 07/22/05 in Newark. Hence it appears Newark is at 8 monhths time frame.
So plan accordingly.

Thank you for replying.. yeah.. I guess Newark is pretty ok with the natz processing timeline but how about cherry hill? Does anyone know

ppr259, I think you mentioned back in May that you will be applying from CH soon.. any update? Please post your experience so far..

I actually started my naturalization with the newark office but due to address change the file was transferred to Cherry Hill around january 2005. My timeline is as follows:

PD 3/15/04 (Newark DO)
FP 5/7/04 (Newark)
Address change 12/04 and file transferred to Cherry Hill
Interview Date June 20, 2005
Oath Letter - still waiting

liveloughlaugh

thankyou for replying. So between 5/7/04 to 12/04 , you didn't receive any interview calls from Newark office?? (usually i have seen ppl getting interview calls from Newark office within a few mths of their FP).

I read in the post somewhere that CH office is very small and they might end up just shutting that office down. (???)

I hope we see some progress in CH timelines..

That is correct, no interview call between may to dec from Newark but according to their timeline they were not processing 3/04 applications until January sometime. My husband finished his N400 processing at Newark in 9 months (pre 9/11). Keeping my fingers crossed that I get the oath letter soon!

My timeline at Cherry Hill DO:

PD 5/19/2005

No FP notice yet. Looks like I either missed the notice in mail or Cherry Hill is really slow.

Can anyone from Cherry Hill DO post their timeline, even if it is in the past? I just wanted to get a feel for how long it normally takes to get FP notice from Cherry Hill.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishnakumar.

Cherry Hill/NJ

I filed my application in first week of June and my FP was done in last week of July in Newark.

Hope some can give update about situation with Cherry Hill office.

Cherry Hill/NJ

Lawyer mentioned that my application will process through Cherry Hill office. Application was filed at Vermont. FP is done in Newark, but remaining process will be done via Cherry Hill office.Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I am glad to know that atleast the FP is done at Newark for CH DO.

Are you using a lawyer for your process. If you don't mind my asking, are there any good lawyers you would recommend in that area.

I wish you luck with your processing. Hope CH processes the application at the same pace (if not faster) as Newark.

Hi ppr259,

Can you tell me what your Priority date is ? Did you file 3 months before your 5 year completion as Permanent resident?

My PD is May 19th 2005. I filed at VSC. I live in Burlington county, served by Cherry Hill DO. I filed 3 months before my 5 year completion as Permanent resident. I wonder if that matters.

Thanks again for your posting. Atleast now I know FP for Cherry Hill is done at Newark.

Regards,

Krishnakumar.

Anyone hear anything from Cherry Hill???

As mentioned before I had my interview on June 20th, 2005 at Cherry Hill. The requested more info, which I mailed to them July 4th week and have not heard anything since.

Just wondering if anyone has had any progress with their files at Cherry Hill.

Cherry Hill/NJ

My PD is first June and my FP was done in last week of July. I did filed 2 1/2 months before completion of five years of GC.

Any idea about interview time frame? Thanks.

Hi ppr259

Unfortunately, there isn't enough post on cherry hill timelines but there's lot of information on the newark timelines. Not sure though if you can just go by that as CH office may have it's own timelines.

So at what point is the file transfered from the NVC (eg Vermont Service Center in our case) to the DO (eg CH or Newark)? I think even though you were fingerprinted at Newark office, your interview will still be at CH office.