Cherry Hill Local INS Office Transfer

savichin

Registered Users (C)
First of all let me thank God for his mersy on our family.

I wanted to share my GC interview experience at Cherryhill, NJ.

Our cases are so complicated as we applied in 245(i) clause. Finally yesterday it went smoothly withount any problems.

Interview was scheduled for 9.00 a.m. Reached there with my wife, kid and also Lawyer around 8.30. After submitting the interview letter immidiately at 8.40 called for interview by a female officer(#4).Took signitures and fingerprints and asked us to follow her to her desk.

Asked us to provide Birth certificates, Passports, Current employment letter,
w2s and Tax returns for 2 years & couple of months pay stubs.

Next she asked us to answer to some common questions- like whether we were ever arrested, whether we were in any deportation procedures and few more such questions. Answered NO to all of that.Then she asked for our EAD (all the EADs).
In front of us she stamped I-551 on all our passports. she said it's good for travel and employment and the plastic card can be expected in 2 to 3 months. we are out from there by 9:30AM.

That's end of our long painfull GC journey and end of sleepless nights. I want to thank Rajeev Khanna and his team and all active members of this forum.This has been very helpful.

I wish you all GOOD LUCK, and hope you all will get it soon. I am very sure every one will get it finally. Only we have to wait!!!!!!!!

God bless you!!!God bless us!!!

Regards,
savichin

RD:11/04/2002
ND:11/27/2002
TD:09/23/2004
ID:04/12/2005
AD:04/12/2005

Congrats Savichin!
But when your file was first transferred to Newark why did they call you for Interview at Cherry hill? Did you change homes? Do you live in Cherry Hill jurisdiction now?

Appreciate your response,
ataknev

ataknev,
thanks for wishes. Since my I-485 application I am under Cherry hill jurisdiction only. I never changed the residence. Don't know, but my file transferred to Newark on Sept 23, 2004. I got interview letter from Cherryhill in the month of feb'05 to attend interview on April 12th. Even I applied my EAD renewals at Newark INS office only. May be they found out when they opened my case at Newark INS that my address comes out under Cherryhill jurisdiction. then they might have transferred to cherry hill..God knows how it happened...Hope it helps you..
thanks
Savichin

ataknev said:
Congrats Savichin!
But when your file was first transferred to Newark why did they call you for Interview at Cherry hill? Did you change homes? Do you live in Cherry Hill jurisdiction now?

Appreciate your response,
ataknev

Thanks Savichin for your reply. You mentioned that yours was a 245(i) case. Why did you have to file in 245(i)? Because we also filed in 245(i) - went out of status because the attorney never applied for H4 extension. Do you think I have a problem?

Thanks,
ataknev

Hi ataknev,
Same thing like you as we never applied H4 extensions for my wife and my daughter. Because they went out of status so I have to apply for them under 245i. For me I was on H1 but didn't have job for a lot of time in 2002, so I had to apply for myself in 245i. In the interview they didn't even asked a single question about our status. Sure it won't be any problem for you with my experience. Don't worry about it. Interview will be very smooth. you will be approved on the same day. Hope this will give you some courage by knowing about my case. My advice for you is take lawyer with you at the time of interview, even if it costs you and it will be helpful.
PRAY TO THE GOD. He will definitely help you.

ataknev said:
Thanks Savichin for your reply. You mentioned that yours was a 245(i) case. Why did you have to file in 245(i)? Because we also filed in 245(i) - went out of status because the attorney never applied for H4 extension. Do you think I have a problem?

Thanks,
ataknev

Savichin,

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words and I hope they schedule the interview and approve her case. I will talk to my attorney once they schedule the interview, thanks for all your help and encouraging words.

Regards,
ataknev

Hi

I am not sure if you are online watching this forum but I wanted to ket you know that finally they sent my wife's interview letter. They want only her I-94 and passport. Her I-94 expired in 1999 and when we filed her 485 in 2002 she was out of status and we filed her case under 245(i). Will there be a problem?
What else should we take with us? Why are they asking for her expired I-94?
Do you think we should take the attorney with us? He is charging exhorbitant rates?

Please provide your inputs and help.

Thanks,
ataknev

Hi ataknev,

No problem at all. Believe me. For us also its the same thing. When I am applying for my wife's I-485 in Nov 2002 she is not in status & her last H4 expired in march 2001 only. After that she doesn't have H4 at all. When we called for interview they told her to bring the same things as they asked for your wife along with additional IRS docs, Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate & Related documents showing we are still together like that. The interviewing person didn't even raise a single question about her Status or 245(i). She took the exiped I-94 & just she asked my wife whether you travelled after this expired I-94 like that. She said NO. I am confident that you will feel the same thing when your wife's interview is over. She will be approved on the same day.

About the attorney, I took her along with us as all of our cases are so complicated.so I dont want to take any chances.I paid about little less that two grand (@ $250/hr) to my lawyer to travel from Virginia as she is looking my case since from my labor certification. She didn't even get chance to open her mouth at iterview time. Dont know what might happen if I dont take her...I dont want to think it about that now. If it cost less than one grand then I will suggest to take lawyer along with you.That will have impact on interviewer.This is my perception.
Best of luck.

savichin....

ataknev said:
Hi

I am not sure if you are online watching this forum but I wanted to ket you know that finally they sent my wife's interview letter. They want only her I-94 and passport. Her I-94 expired in 1999 and when we filed her 485 in 2002 she was out of status and we filed her case under 245(i). Will there be a problem?
What else should we take with us? Why are they asking for her expired I-94?
Do you think we should take the attorney with us? He is charging exhorbitant rates?

Please provide your inputs and help.

Thanks,
ataknev

Thanks a lot savichin. You have given me immense courage and encouragement.

Thanks again. I will get back to you if I have any questions.

Regards,
ataknev

Savichin,

The attorney is asking $275 an hour and he had to travel from Baltimore. I am sure it may be more 2 grand. Now I am in a dilemma.
Should I also take my W2, Paystubs, her paystubs (she is working for the past 2 months) and other documents too. Actually if you could please send your contact information to ataknevi@yahoo.com I'd greatly appreciate it. I would like to call you and speak to you. I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Ataknev.

ataknev said:
Savichin,

The attorney is asking $275 an hour and he had to travel from Baltimore. I am sure it may be more 2 grand. Now I am in a dilemma.
Should I also take my W2, Paystubs, her paystubs (she is working for the past 2 months) and other documents too. Actually if you could please send your contact information to ataknevi@yahoo.com I'd greatly appreciate it. I would like to call you and speak to you. I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Ataknev.

Hi Ataknev,
Just now I send mail to you at ataknevi@yahoo.com with my contact info. Don't worry too much.Every thing goes fine.Believe in GOD. you can call me at any time.
Best of luck.