Chennai - Sucessfull CP interview Jan 28th

Zia

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had an interview on Jan 28th @ Chennai. No questions asked except that, why am I applying through EB category when my wife is a GC holder.

Before I could respond that the EB way is faster, that officer told me " whatever, just sign the document". The interview was very easy. However, for the CP goers to Chennai I would like to share something from Dr. V.

1) I reached Chennai 10 days before the interview date.

2) I got the pictures taken @ Konica ( Anna Nagar ). Be sure to mention that you need a white background ( not a light blue one ).

3) Called Dr V to set up an appointment. I was told to come immediately if I could since there was no wait. I did not have the medical tests and the X-ray done. Nevertheless, they took me in for the Dr. visit.

4) Met with Dr V and completed the forms and also the general tests. Was told that I need to take 2 vacinations the next day and also to bring the lab reports.

If you are willing to make 2 visits without any wait; talk to the Dr. office in taking this approach. Finish the medical tests and get the lab reports the next day.

While at the Dr. office I struck a conversation with the Doc. ( My dad was the Dean of Stanley medical college ) and that kinda started the conversation. I told him that there are good comments about him on the net and only one bad comment that people have is that the appointment time does not matter and the wait is long.

I made a promise to him that I would convey the message to the folks on the net and here it is;

Dr V- " Please let the people know that they need to keep the appointments. If they make an appointment please stick to it and if you cannot show up, please call and cancel 24 hours prior to the appointment date. There are lot of folks who make multiple appointments with different doctors and do not have the courtesy to call and cancel."

"On another note about the wait time. People are not ready to wait 1/2 an hour at my office and complain so much but do not say a word to the U.S. consulate when they are made to wait for more than 4 hours on the GC appoiintment date. Are you guys willing to let the immigration officer know that your appointment was @ 8:30 A.M and it is 11:00 A.M and the interview is not finished. "

"So please stop complaining and please be punctual with your medical appointment."

Dr V is very nice and professional. By the way, if you have to take any vacinations from him, it does not hurt a bit :).

Also, if you see Dr. V please let him know that Zia has fulfilled his promise :)

5) After the medical tests, went for the lab tests and collected them the next day. Went back to Dr. V and got it signed. The documents were not sealed since nothing was wrong.

6) Jan 28th. Took all the documents stated in the Packet 4. Appointment was 8:30. Gave all the documents at window 8 and waited. Signed the DS230 Part II in frontof the officer who asked me the only question that I related above. The officer is from South Carolina and is very nice. Interview was over in less than 2 minutes and the office told me that " Your interview is over, but let me ask you something". He asked me how the scene is for H-1s and how is the job market doing in the US.

7) I was back in my seat and waited till around 11:00 something when I was called and was asked to submit the marriage certificate even though mine is a EB category but the appllication states that I am married. I was also asked for the PCC even though my passport was less than six months old. I asked the person at the window that my passport was issued less than six months ago and do I still need to submit the PCC. I was told that it is mandatory to have the PCC even though the passport is less than six months old. I am not sure if this is the rule but I had the PCC and gave it to her.

8 ) 1/2 an hour later I was called and was told that my visa has been approved and I will getting the passport back the next day. I had to pay Rs 50 extra since I had to give the old and the new passport.

9) Got the passport the next day through Blue Dart and everything was set for the POE in Chicago.

10) At Chicago POE, there was no line at the Citizens and GC holders. I approached the officer and gave her the packet. Another officer took me to another counter and opened the packet and told me to sign and give my fingerprint on two forms.

My passport was stamped with the "A" number. The picture that was stapled to the passport was not taken and I am not sure why.

Well, that is it and I was on to the baggage claim and then home. I am told that the plastic cards are been mailed within 4-6 weeks.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Congratulations!!!

And thanks for info.

I'm going for the intvw on 20th Feb. Could you please tell me how did you carry the documents? In all transperant folders or something like that?

And did you clip the docs together while giving it in counter 8 or gave one by one as they asked?

How about photocopies? Together with the originals or separately?

Regards.
Luit2001.

Hi,

I carried them in a accordian type folder. I did not clip the documents together. I had them arranged the way it said in the appointment letter. I had the originals and the copies together.

They took the originals of the employment verification and PCC. Photocopies of the Birth certificate and marriage certificate was taken.

I did not submit the originals for pay stubs and W-2. They took the photocopies of the paystub ( I think the most recent one and returned the rest ) and the photocopies of most recent W-2 and 1040. The rest was returned.

Be very relaxed, if your papers are fine; there should not be any problem. Speak in good English and your answer will hopefully not be followed by a follow-up question.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Congratulations.
Did you get your appointment letter/Packet 4 in US or Indian address?
Thanks

-cdaddy

Hi Zia, need this favor.

We have completed our medical on 10th, went to Dr. V. and everything went smoothly. Told her about you too.

Could you please tell me, how did you produced your medical reports? Is it with the envelop Dr. V gave you or you pooled out and clipped with the other documents?

Thanks.
-Luit2001.