Chennai Nov/Dec Interviews

Hi All,

We have received the Appointment letter from Chennai Consulate to our address in US. The mail had just one paper - appointment letter. The letter says Enlc : Packet 4 but we dont have any other material in the mail.

Is this normal?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Sam

I think that is normal. In US you only get appointment letter, but in India you get DS 230, medical form etc. You are all set. Good luck with your interview.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the response. But in my DS230 submitted to NVC, I gave the US address as the permanent address. Hopefully they send the papers to my home address in India.

Thanks
SaM

Hi,
I was inactive for quite some time. My interview is on November 16th, E1. time is 8:00 AM. I have a doubt. I am living in India for the last 3 years and what should I submit for tax returns. i.e US (did thru net and for interest amounts from bank deposits) or Indian? I am taking both though.

got my medicals done long back as the initially I got the interview for Sep 17th and got it postponed due to lack of some docs.

any suggestions on dressing etc. kinda tensed :)

r_sada said:
I looked at the pattern in the last 6 months in Chennai's appointment scheduling
There seems to be an ordering of dates based on the Visa types
With the Family, Diversity and other categories addressed in the first part of the month and the E1,E2,E3 categories given dates in the second part of the month 15th and after in most cases.

Folks who have gotten their October and November dates can you confirm if this is the case. The reason being, im trying to block some tickets for me and also my wife is traveling before me and so if we get a ball park on the dates it will be very help ful

r_sada, I think your observation is correct. I know of a case (family visa) and mine following the same pattern.
--VJ
From the threads mostly its 20th and after for the month, which will be bad for folks like me who are expecting it in December because of the christmas vacations.

/S