Chennai Nov/Dec Interviews

msnc_2001

Registered Users (C)
Please post your interview dates for Nov/Dec at Chennai.

My papers were sent to Chennai on August 31. Sent couple of mails and Consulate replied back asking me to contact them again after October 12, 2004.

Hoping to get interview in Nov !

All the best for every one.

Last edited by a moderator:
possible Nov interview

hey same here.
My case was sent to chennai Aug 12. Was asked to contact them after Oct 12 to get interview date. So we should be getting the verdict in a few days!

-lamhe
I-140 AD 6/1/04 (VSC)
EB1-OR

Completion date 10.06

All,
my case review completed on 10/06 and chennai is my consulate
could you guys guess when will be my interview ?
any guesses ?

/S

did you send a reminder type email after your first email? if so when did you send the same? I am thinking if I should call the Mumbai consulate tonight or just send an email...

thanks
s

msnc_2001 said:
Chennai consulate has replied back with the interview date - Nov 23, 2004.

My case was sent to Consulate on October 6th,2004 . I called the embassy today and they told me that they have not yet recieved the case

Is it too early to call and does it takes couple of weeks to get the case to consulate

sachingp

Jawad
can you provide the dates on which your case was sent to consulate for us to better understand how long it takes to move .
/S

My Case was sent to Consulate on Sep 8th and I just got an email saying that my Interview is on 18th Nov!!!!

Kumar

Kumar

NVC send your case on 8th September . My case was send on 6th October . How long it takes by embassy to recieve and get back

Sachin

Sachin,
the status message even till today morning says
"the NVC has completed the review of your case on Oct 6th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

any idea when the next update in status will be for the and what the message will read as ?

/s

Sada

Next message will be that your case has been forwarded to the Consulate in your case chennai

Sachin

One more observation

I looked at the pattern in the last 6 months in Chennai's appointment scheduling
There seems to be an ordering of dates based on the Visa types
With the Family, Diversity and other categories addressed in the first part of the month and the E1,E2,E3 categories given dates in the second part of the month 15th and after in most cases.

Folks who have gotten their October and November dates can you confirm if this is the case. The reason being, im trying to block some tickets for me and also my wife is traveling before me and so if we get a ball park on the dates it will be very help ful

From the threads mostly its 20th and after for the month, which will be bad for folks like me who are expecting it in December because of the christmas vacations.

/S

Email is the best way to enquire about the status. Consulate is very prompt about responding back.

My case was sent to Consulate on August 31, 2004.

You can find trends from www.cptracker.com

I have contacted them around Sept 10 to find out whether they are in receipt of the application. They acknowledged that they are in receipt and the interview date will be in Nov/Dec.

I believe the documents reach consulate in 4-5 days after the NVC sends them.

Sam

Just got e-mail from Chennai - my interview date is Nov 16th (EB-1).

P3 was sent to Chennai Aug 12 (informed by lawer). Waited a month and called Chennai to confirm they received and info is in their system.
Then roughly estimated time line for intervew - currently for Chennai it seems to be around 2.5 - 3 months from mailing P3 to consulate.
E-mailed chennai in Sept. They informed mine was very likely Nov interview and asked to check after Oct 12. E-mailed them again yesterday and got the interview date today.
These are the timelines in my case - I wouldnt generalize it however. Chennai consulate was very prompt about replying to my e-mails so i would recommend contacting them by e-mail. (also recommend not to be overanxious and bombard them with e-mails)

r-sada, your prediction is perhaps right - at least agrees in my case.

-lamhe