Chennai Interview : Mar/Apr 05

vu2vut

Registered Users (C)
Chennai Interview dates are out for Mar05. I see few cases for Mar 22 and 23.

Mine is on Mar 22. (Case reached MDR in the first week of Feb.)

Hi Vu2vut, how did you find out that ur case reached MDR in first week of Feb? When was ur case sent to consulate by NVC?

Mine was sent on 1/26 but it doesnot figure in the March schedule...

thanks
-sg

srinivasg said:
Hi Vu2vut, how did you find out that ur case reached MDR in first week of Feb? When was ur case sent to consulate by NVC?

Mine was sent on 1/26 but it doesnot figure in the March schedule...

thanks
-sg

Srinivas,

Call/email consulate and check. It is possible that your case might be trasferred to a MDR2005.. number.

Check Status

Hi vu2vut,

How can we chek the Schedules in respective centers (Chennai, mumbai or delhi).

Please can you send the website to the forum.

Thanks,
Clue

Check Status

Hi,

I called 603-334-0700(NVC) to check my status, but its always coming as busy tone. Is there any otherway to check ?.

Do we need to enter our I140 number to check status of our case ?.

If my 140 application doesn't have the CP option and, if I choose that now, by applying I824...what's the procedure.

Please can somebody advise me.

THanks,
Clue

Last edited by a moderator:
clue_gc said:
Hi,

I called 603-334-0700(NVC) to check my status, but its always coming as busy tone. Is there any otherway to check ?.

Do we need to enter our I140 number to check status of our case ?.

If my 140 application doesn't have the CP option and, if I choose that now, by applying I824...what's the procedure.

Please can somebody advise me.

THanks,
Clue

Try to call up NVC more than once to check the status. It is often busy. The I140 Recipet Number (or NVC case #) will have to entered to access the case.

If the I140 is not with CP option, one may have to file I824 AFTER the I140 adjudication. Then the file would be transferred to NVC or one can opt for AC140. Note that some Consulates donot accept AC140, and some accept with conditions; check with the Consulate if they will accept AC140. For example, Chennai was accepting E2 AC140 but not that of E3.

AC140 option is discussed at length on various threads and also can be found at immihelp.com.

AC140 @ Chennai.

I just finished the CP interview and returned to US to be a Permanent Resident.

Thank you Rajiv for this forum and participants in discussions. The discussion and information in this forum has been very valuable in making all my immigration matters easy to handle and manageable. I am posting my CP experience in two sections.

One point to note that is that Chennai DO accept AC140 under certain conditions. If anyone has questions I will be glad to answer them.

US Permanent Residency Exp.

Timeline. Case category: EB2
TX DOL LC Application : Nov 2001
TX DOL LC Approval : Jan 2002
Federal LC RFE : Aug 2002
Federal Labor ETA approval : Aug 2003
I140 filed with CP option : Sep 2003
I140 RFE : Jul 2004
I140 Approval : Aug 2004
CP Interview : Mar 2005

CP experience. I

I140 approval and AC140 at Chennai.

I 140 approval was approved on Aug 26 04 with I485 intent even though we asked for CP at Chennai.

Upon receipt of approval notice, my attorney contacted the USCIS Texas service center to correct the error. The USCIS took few weeks to respond and pull the papers out and sent to NVC. Eventually due to the lawyers diligence the Approval was sent to NVC on Oct 08 2004. NVC started processing the case accordingly.

Meanwhile, I contacted Chennai consulate and asked if they accept AC140 at Chennai. They informed they could accept AC140 for E1 and E2 if certain conditions are met. On Sep 13 2004 we also sent the Attorney Certified I140 to Chennai.

While NVC processed the case and collected the fees and processed P4, Chennai consulate acted on the AC140 and created a case on Jan 05. By the time the NVC sent the package to Chennai, Consulate had already obtained the Visa Number and scheduled the interview for Mar.

Compared to the DOL and USCIS, NVC and Chennai consulate are a pleasure to deal with.

CP Experience: II

CP experience.

We visited Chennai and did the Blood work at Lister Labs at Nunamgbakkam. Most taxi drivers know this as ‘The Lab’. Nothing extraordinary here. Fill out the form obtained with P4 with one photograph. They drew the blood and did the Chest X Ray. The results are normally ready by end of the day.

We already had an appointment with Dr. Vijayalakhmi the next day. The medical check up is comprehensive. There will be a male doctor examining males for hernia and STD and other surgeries. Dr. V examines female candidates. If there are any surgical scars be prepared to explain or back up with previous reports. Based on our account of immunization, Dr. V gave one MMR to my spouse and asked us to provide a photocopy of the report. We had forgotten the photos for the full medical history report but Dr. V gave the report and said we can attach the photo later. Once the photocopy was given to her she gave the report unsealed to us. She mentioned that we DONOT have to take the X-ray to Consulate. (TIP: take all documents regarding immunization; I presented a document about 8 years old to prove I obtained MMR)

We took the photos at Konica and Foto India. Konica charged INR135 for extra photos and a CD with photos. They gave a few dozen photos when all we needed at consulate was ONE copy. I did not like the photograph from Konica so I went to Foto India. They charged INR75 for three copies. They were quick with about 10 minutes wait time and the photo looked much better (subjective opinion). Konica and Foto India are opposite to Consulate and in very close to each other.

On the interview date we reached the consulate 30 minutes early and was let in. (TIP: Wave the yellow interview letter and cause the catch phrase ‘Immigrant Visa’ and you will be given preference to enter consulate). As others mentioned, no electronics items, CDs, food, cosmetics are allowed through security check up. The documents are X-rayed and they may ask to open unopened covers.

Once inside we were let in to the new building and were seated. They will give a Blue Dart form to fill in the address. The document collection can take some time. We were among the last and waited about 1 hour for the documents to be collected. The document clerk wanted two copies (plus original) of marriage certificate and she seemed surprised that I had two copies ready with me. We had prepared and carried only the documents and copies specified in P4. (TIP: Keep one extra copies of P4 documents in a separate folder and arrange the documents as per P4 list).

We had arranged the documents in three folders plus one folder with extra set of documents. The first folder was for me, the second one for spouse and the third one with BC and Marriage Certificate Originals and original Financial documentation. We gave the three folders one by one and asked the clerk to take the documents she needed. She returned some documents and kept the Marriage Certificate original and Marriage photos. Only one Immigration photo was asked. (TIP: there is a USD45.00 surcharge over USD330.00, so keep demand drafts ready). We took all requested P4 documents and old INS/USCIS papers and education documents.

We saw a few employment cases and the in almost all cases there was no more than three or four cordial questions. However for FTJ and Family based categories few candidates were interviewed extensively by another officer. We waited another hour or so till we were called. The officer was very cordial and took our fingerprints and the only questions asked was what we think of recent advancements in India and how long we were married. He returned the originals and was asked to wait till he runs the fingerprints through the system. We were the only ones remaining in the IV section and after a few minutes the officers waved us that everything is OK. We walked to the window and he signaled and said ‘you are all set’.

We got out of the Consulate and went to hotel. The next day we got a big package via Blue Dart in our home city. The passports have the MRV with ‘Immigrant VISA’ printed on them, with a validity of 6 months (upon endorsement, it becomes PR proof for another year). With the passports we received three big envelopes, which contain some documents.

TIP: Dress comfortably, and be prepared to wait for 2-3 hours till the name is called; they are not going to miss the case for interview. We saw few fidgety, impatient candidates, while I was thinking if I can wait for three years I could wait a few more hours.

POE :

Entry to Dallas was uneventful. Doesn’t really matter which line to stand (Foreigners or US Citizens), the POE Officer takes the case packets (VISA) and passports to an separate room where the fingerprinting and a signature on a form is done and stamping is done. I was out in a few minutes.

HI
My CP is EB3 employment based with PD of 7/03. I checked with consulate on when I could expect an interview (an approximation date). They came back saying "Please check the website after May 14 for the exact date". What does this mean? Has anyone in the forum got it? Does it mean the PD's for EB3 will become current from next month. Please shed some light on it.

rrajendr said:
HI
My CP is EB3 employment based with PD of 7/03. I checked with consulate on when I could expect an interview (an approximation date). They came back saying "Please check the website after May 14 for the exact date". What does this mean? Has anyone in the forum got it? Does it mean the PD's for EB3 will become current from next month. Please shed some light on it.

It could mean that PD will become current for dates prior to 7/03 or Consulate doesnt know what they are talking about.

Knowing Chennai, I would hope the first is the case, and the pending cases will move faster in coming months. Lets see.

Does Anybody has idea about I-824 cases processing timings?

vu2vut said:
It could mean that PD will become current for dates prior to 7/03 or Consulate doesnt know what they are talking about.

Knowing Chennai, I would hope the first is the case, and the pending cases will move faster in coming months. Lets see.

We have for our child PD December 2004. I sent 6 months ago the packet3 to chennai consulate. no interview call yet.

Chennai consulate I-824 follow to join case processing timings?

Please share any information about I-824 cases at Chennai consulate processing timings. I have sent packet-3 six months ago. Chennai consulate people say currently they are processing 2000 cases.