Chennai CPers,

sumathi_63

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to take pictures at Konica lab and then go to lister and collect the report in the evening the same day?. What time the konica lab and lister lab open?.

Can we take just two passport photos here for medicals and rest of the photos at Konica lab chennai?. Is it require to use copies of same picture in the medical report and for the consulate as well?.

I'm little bit confused if I can get the pictures and lister work done in the same morning?.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Is there any time line for medicals?. Can I get it done even 15 days before the interview?.

u can do the reverse :)
go to lister first ( u have to be there before 10.30 am to get
the medicals done/get the reports on the same day.)

once u r done in lister (u will be out by 1130 anyway) , u can
go to konica and take the immigration style photos
(8 copies for Rs100) . They usually give the photos
in 45 min to an hour. You should have sufficient time
for lunch and getting back to lister - u have to go there
by 4.30 - they close at 5pm.

many folks have done that - in fact many have finished
the DDs on the same day too.

The passport size photos required are the regular
pp. photos (and different from immigration style
photos taken at konica lab -this is for the interview ) and u need 2 - 1 for lister
and 1 for the doctor.

u can get the medicals done 15 days before the interview
- no problem - they advise u to finish ur medicals *at least*
2 days before the interview that's all !

but if you are going to do that , why do you have to worry
about finishing lister + imm. photos on the same day
- u can do them at ur own convenience :)

u_me

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by sumathi_63
Is it possible to take pictures at Konica lab and then go to lister and collect the report in the evening the same day?. What time the konica lab and lister lab open?.

Can we take just two passport photos here for medicals and rest of the photos at Konica lab chennai?. Is it require to use copies of same picture in the medical report and for the consulate as well?.

I'm little bit confused if I can get the pictures and lister work done in the same morning?.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Is there any time line for medicals?. Can I get it done even 15 days before the interview?.

This is what I did...

Took an appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi @ 5 PM on June 21st. Went to Lister on 21st morning, finished the tests, went to camera city, take the photos (photos will be given after 1 hour) and in the evening, collected reports from Lister and finished Medicals with Dr. V @ 5 PM! We still had a lot of time to kill in the afternoon!

-XML

Can we take a draft from any nationalised bank from Bangalore?
Are there any stiplulations?
If not where in chennai is advisable to get the draft?

What is the draft amount is it $65 or $ 75?
Do we need seperate drafts for each applicant?
Do we write the case # & sign on the draft and the photgraphs?

Thanks In advance

Regards
Defjam

Originally posted by defjam
Can we take a draft from any nationalised bank from Bangalore?
Are there any stiplulations?
If not where in chennai is advisable to get the draft?

What is the draft amount is it $65 or $ 75?
Do we need seperate drafts for each applicant?
Do we write the case # & sign on the draft and the photgraphs?

Thanks In advance

Regards
Defjam

I did take drafts from Canara bank in Bangalore. But the drafts must be payable in Chennai. Call Chennai consulate and ask them for the exact DD amount. You need to write your name & Case number on back of the DD & Photos (at least that's what I did).

-XML

Can you tell me what you mean by saying that the drafts need to to be payable in Chennai. I thought once you buy a draft from any nationalized bank in any state it should be ok to use.

thanks

Originally posted by xml

I did take drafts from Canara bank in Bangalore. But the drafts must be payable in Chennai. Call Chennai consulate and ask them for the exact DD amount. You need to write your name & Case number on back of the DD & Photos (at least that's what I did).

-XML

Originally posted by gc1seeker
Can you tell me what you mean by saying that the drafts need to to be payable in Chennai. I thought once you buy a draft from any nationalized bank in any state it should be ok to use.

thanks

Well, in Canara bank (where I took the DD) the cashier wanted me to specify where the DD should be payable (I know, that was the first time I heard anything like that...)

-XML