Chennai consulate

Sudha123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife went to India in Feb for H4 to H1 stamping. Chennai consulate sent her H1 to AFD unit, Then we withdrew her H1 & applied for H4 based on my H1. COnsulate did not issue H4 and sent my H1 for investigation. Consulate contacted my company in 1st week of May and mu company confirmed my employment.And consulate conacted my wife in India during 2nd week of June asked her apply for H4 my regular mail. Specifically mention in letter that not appear for personal onterview. Asked her to send visa fee and passport.Meanwhile consulate sent mail to my company that consulate completed investigation. My wife sent all papers on 13 Th June. But we have not heared any thing from the consulate.It has been 3 weeks since she applied.

We are tensed. Guys any idea ?. Why consulate is taking that much time.

Regards

No Title

what reason did they give rejecting her H4 to H1 Application. Is she working in US?. I am going to chennai to get stamped from L1 to H1.
please reply, whey chennai consulate behaves like that?

No Title

They did not reject it. But sent the case to AFU. To clear case by AFU it takes 6 months. Hence we withdrew her H1. When she left USA , she was working here

Check www.ttsdropbox.com. H1 stamping rules have changed recently.

All the best

No Title

Well as far as I know.. the Consulate in chennai does not take much time in processing.. But the contractor that handles their mail is bad. They actually miss out some times on packages to be mailed out. This happend to my parents when they apply for their visas last year.. That Consulate has approved their visas, but the mailing dept never actually mailed the package,(they completely missed it out).. until my parents called to find out after a couple of weeks. Then they said the case was approved 2 weeks back and some how the package was never mailed.. ofcourse they mailed it immediately and my parents got it in 2 days.

Ask your wife to call them..