Chennai Consulate Stamping Issue

vsharma013

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I entered the consulate for a stamping on Jan 7th 2004. After the normal questions and looking at my papers (which were all in full and clean), the consular asked me to wait. After 30 mins they gave me a letter that there is some special processing to be done, which requires 3900/- and 45 days. I complied and next day I was fingerprinted.

On Feb 15th, they sent me an email asking me to send all the docs and the visa issuance fee. Which I did the next day.

On March 15th they called me and told me that the form which they had sent to me, had to be printed bac-to-bac and sent again. Which again I made sure was with them by March 16th. They told me that at this point I should get the visa in a weeks time.

On March 25th they told me it would take 2 more weeks.

This is a simple stamping issue. Any idea what could be the delays or any suggestions... will appreciate

Some Stupid things to drag or avoid approving visa. Be patient you will get soon.

BaSh:cool:

Hello vsharma013,

Do you have any problems with your W-2 for this kind of delay to happen?

Also can you let me know what kind of questions they are asking since I am also going for a interview soon.

Thankyou

Hi Swami
No issues with the W2. Actually they have also asked me for the visa issuance fees, hence that means that the processing part is over already. It seems Chennai consulate is having genuine delays.

Questions that they asked me:

Are you going to the same company you worked for?

How much is your your salary in USD?

Did you finish your schooling? When?

Then he looked at my papers. I didnt have the W2 but he never asked for any. I would say if you have them take em.

regards, let me know what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will let you know what happens after the interview. Please let me know when you get the visa stamp. Hope thats soon:) Good luck.

Hello,

Mine is a H1 and my wife has H4. My wife is going for interview this month and my interview will be later.

vsharma013 : can you please tell me if your visa is H1 or L1?

ThankYou