Chennai April Interview

naveenav said:
In my appointment letter thy said that i have to get a Demand Draft for $45 per applicant as Surcharge.

My interview is on April 22nd .

Thanks
Naveen
It's the same in my appt. letter as well.But Iam not sure about PCC.
Apart from PCC from local embassy, should we present the PCC from local address in India also?.

Thanks,
-ram

Ram,

If you are staying outside India then PCC from the Indian Embassy should be fine.

Good Luck.

cpstage said:
It's the same in my appt. letter as well.But Iam not sure about PCC.
Apart from PCC from local embassy, should we present the PCC from local address in India also?.

Thanks,
-ram

kovaiGC said:
Ram,

If you are staying outside India then PCC from the Indian Embassy should be fine.

Good Luck.
KovaiGC,
Thanks for the clarification.

Germany transit visa?

Hi folks,

I have my interview at Chennai on 22nd April and have tickets via frankfurt. I'm reading a lot of contradictory information about the the need for an airport transit visa. Any of you in the same situation? Their website would seem to indicate issual upon arrival for holders of valid US visas (while going:H1/H4 and while returning, Machine Readable IV) -- please see exemption 4 for Indian nationals

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html#except4

Any of you in the same situation who already have this confirmed? I fly out in a week and will have to apply asap if we do need it.

Thanks in advance.

rrinq said:
Hi folks,

I have my interview at Chennai on 22nd April and have tickets via frankfurt. I'm reading a lot of contradictory information about the the need for an airport transit visa. Any of you in the same situation? Their website would seem to indicate issual upon arrival for holders of valid US visas (while going:H1/H4 and while returning, Machine Readable IV) -- please see exemption 4 for Indian nationals

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html#except4

Any of you in the same situation who already have this confirmed? I fly out in a week and will have to apply asap if we do need it.

Thanks in advance.

Valid US Visas would include H1, H4, L1, L2 and other categories. Please note the word VALID, it would mean that these visas are not expired. In my case, when I travelled in March for my IV interview - My stamped visa had expired in Nov 2004 and I had an approved extension petition with me, which was not stamped. I could not fly via London, Paris, Frankfurt and Zurich. In my case I could only have flown via Amsterdam or Milan.

All the best with your interview

If you have a valid visa stamped in your passport, you don't need airport transit visa. If you have approval notice and don't have your visa stamped, you need to get airport transit Visa.

I am flying by Lufthansa on 8th and got my airport transit visa @ german consulate, NY city for me and my wife last week. For most cases they give you the same day. If not you should get the next day. For instance, they gave the same day for my wife but had to collect mine the next day.

-Vijay.

Interview letter

Hi,

Where does the embassy send the interview letter ? To your home address in the US or the attorney's address ?

Thanks in advance,
Milind

Hi rring,

I travelled via Frankfurt in mid Feb 2005, though I had valid H1 visa they said transit visa is required. I made a trip to German Consulate and got it. Normally they say 3 business days - I would advice call German Consulate closest to you and find out.

Good Luck

rrinq said:
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.

I had sent an email to the German Consulate in Chicago and this was their response

> Subject: Re: Question about airport transit visa
> Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:11:09 -0500
>

> you do need a transit visa, you may ,with a valid
> visa, apply for your
> transit visa at the Frankfurt Airport, untill
> further notice.
>
> With kind regards.
> ______________________________________________________________________
>
> Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
> 676 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 3200
> Chicago, IL 60611
>
> phone: 312-202-0480
> fax: 312-202-0466
> www.germany.info/chicago
> ----- Original Message -----
> To: <chicago@germanconsulate.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:27 AM
> Subject: Question about airport transit visa
>
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I and my wife are Indian nationals with Indian
> > passports who will be transiting through Frankfurt
> > en route to India from Chicago for our US
> > Immigration interview at the US consulate in India
> and
> > also on our way back.
> >
> > We hold H1 and H4 visas respectively, valid until
> > September 2006 and while returning,we expect our
> > passports will be stamped with the machine
> readable immigrant visa stamp from the US Consulate.
> >
> > Would we require Airport transit visas since we
> would have valid US visas both ways? As per the website,
> I assumed we would not, per exemption 4 for
> residents of India but was hoping to confirm.
> >
> > Please do let me know.
> >
> > Thanks much,
================================
I suppose this confirms that they would issue a transit visa upon arrival at Frankfurt and possibly the change in regulation came about after your trip KovaiGC.

Thanks to all who replied for your patience and time. Will post interview details once I am done. Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
rrinq said:
I had sent an email to the German Consulate in Chicago and this was their response

> Subject: Re: Question about airport transit visa
> Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:11:09 -0500
>

> you do need a transit visa, you may ,with a valid
> visa, apply for your
> transit visa at the Frankfurt Airport, untill
> further notice.
>
> With kind regards.
> ______________________________________________________________________
>
> Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
> 676 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 3200
> Chicago, IL 60611
>
> phone: 312-202-0480
> fax: 312-202-0466
> www.germany.info/chicago
> ----- Original Message -----
> To: <chicago@germanconsulate.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:27 AM
> Subject: Question about airport transit visa
>
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I and my wife are Indian nationals with Indian
> > passports who will be transiting through Frankfurt
> > en route to India from Chicago for our US
> > Immigration interview at the US consulate in India
> and
> > also on our way back.
> >
> > We hold H1 and H4 visas respectively, valid until
> > September 2006 and while returning,we expect our
> > passports will be stamped with the machine
> readable immigrant visa stamp from the US Consulate.
> >
> > Would we require Airport transit visas since we
> would have valid US visas both ways? As per the website,
> I assumed we would not, per exemption 4 for
> residents of India but was hoping to confirm.
> >
> > Please do let me know.
> >
> > Thanks much,
================================
I suppose this confirms that they would issue a transit visa upon arrival at Frankfurt and possibly the change in regulation came about after your trip KovaiGC.

Thanks to all who replied for your patience and time. Will post interview details once I am done. Good luck to all of you.
This information is really helpful. I too called the German consulate & they insisted on taking the transit visa even though there is a valid visa stamped in passport & they asked to confirm with airlines whether they would allow to travel. Then, I called the airlines & they told that there is a transit visa section that issues visas upon arrival at Frankfurt.
Can anybody shed their experience in taking transit visa at Frankfurt airport.

Thanks,
-cpstage

Transit Visa for Frankfurt-Germany

Hi,

I had earlier posted what the German Consulate's response was to my query about this issue. My question was to the consulate in India.

What they said was, "for an Indian national, if they have a valid US visa then they can directly proceed to Frankfurt and they would be issued a transit visa at Frankfurt".

Accordingly I advised some family members who travelled from India to US through Frankfurt not to bother about getting the transit visa in India.

They travelled on March 22. In the group of 5, 3 were carrying Immigrant Visa papers and the Immigrant MRV in their passports. The rest 2 were on
B-2 visitor's visa.

At Frankfurt no one asked them for a transit visa, nor were they told to get one at the airport. They just got into their connecting flight and reached US without any issues at all.

I would suggest approaching the German Embassy in India with this question. While their response is not accurate to the letter, atleast it is not creating any issues.

Raju

May Interview schedule

Hello Gurus,

any clue on the May interview scdeule at Chennai consuate?

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi Milind

I recieved both at my US residence and one at lawyer aslo for march 05 interview, i think they should be following the same pattern

Milind Bhave said:
Hi,

Where does the embassy send the interview letter ? To your home address in the US or the attorney's address ?

Thanks in advance,
Milind

I-824 Receipt

Hi Gurus,

Will INS issues a EAC for I824 application ?. Howlong time does it takes for the approval ?

THanks,
clue_gc

Germany transit visa

I and my wife trasnited through Frankfurt on 15th April without any hassles.We were handed a transit card upon deplaning which was then collected back at the time of reboarding. There was no stamping of the passport or any tough inquiries. We had a valid H1 and H4 visa at the time and I didn't see any one else getting hassled either. I hope this clears it for everyone who was worried about having to take a transit visa despite having a valid US visa on the passport. I suppose advance parole cases etc would still need to do so.

Raju595 said:
Hi,

I had earlier posted what the German Consulate's response was to my query about this issue. My question was to the consulate in India.

What they said was, "for an Indian national, if they have a valid US visa then they can directly proceed to Frankfurt and they would be issued a transit visa at Frankfurt".

Accordingly I advised some family members who travelled from India to US through Frankfurt not to bother about getting the transit visa in India.

They travelled on March 22. In the group of 5, 3 were carrying Immigrant Visa papers and the Immigrant MRV in their passports. The rest 2 were on
B-2 visitor's visa.

At Frankfurt no one asked them for a transit visa, nor were they told to get one at the airport. They just got into their connecting flight and reached US without any issues at all.

I would suggest approaching the German Embassy in India with this question. While their response is not accurate to the letter, atleast it is not creating any issues.

Raju

Successful Interview at Chennai on 19th April

Hi Guys,

The interview was very smooth with very informal questions. Thanks to this forum members who helped me directly or indirectly ( I got the answers for most of my doubts by scanning through the posts ), special thanks senior members like alren, raju, parytx who take the pains to answer queries. Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for providing this forum.

I will post my detailed experience this week end.

-sg

Immigrant Visa Approved

Hi All,

Had a successful interview at Chennai.The interview was very casual and the overall process was very smooth.
I recommend this cp route to the future GC seekers.
I thank everyone in this forum who has helped in clearing my doubts.

Regards,
Ram