Checks not cashed yet

wireless1

Registered Users (C)
Its been 11 days and my check is not been cashed for N-400. Is this normal.
I verified that mail was delivered by USPS.

Hm, they cashed mine within 6 days, but then dragged their heels to send me the receipt notice. Have you called your bank yet to inquire about the check?

I do not think you can do much unless 30 days have passed since you mailed the application.

Maybe somebody has something more satisfying to say... .

Good luck!

------
N-400 @ VSC
PD: 01/17/06
Check cashed: 01/23/06
ND: 02/14/06 (received 02/18/06)
FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)
Online Status disappeared on 04/12/2006
ID/OD: 06/20/2006

I was thinking they might be gone for spring break and back now and trying to catch up. keeping my finger cross.

You CHECK is undergoing a "NAME CHECK" at USCIS and the FBI to make sure the CHECK belongs to you.

How else can they find MORE time to WASTE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not cashed. 16 days already.
Does any one else has been in this situation.
Should I call some number and inquire?

wireless1 said:
Still not cashed. 16 days already.
Does any one else has been in this situation.
Should I call some number and inquire?
my friend
It could be many reasons , i am gona share few
Did you sent sufficient funds ?
Did you sent your application before your time ?
Did you make a major mistake on your application ( you should have copies , so you can check them out)
I know it must hurt going to that mailbox , or keep checking your bank to see if it was cashed or not ...
Just wait , a little longer and you should be okay ... if worst happends you just reaply .. just see what the holdup is ... they should send you somethin back in case you dont get anythin back in 30 days just re-apply

p.s. this is what i would do but ... :eek:

Hi there!

I can't recall at which Service Center the member had applied, but his check was not cashed for two or three weeks. At this point, he thought something was not kosher about his application. Well...the Service Center return the application to him, as he had sent it a few days before his eligibility date. He was not early by much...if memory serves me well, maybe by two or three days.

Well, by the time the application was returned to him, he could submit the very same N-400 again. It went smoothly from there on out.

Cheers,
Nico

clisp said:
my friend
It could be many reasons , i am gona share few
Did you sent sufficient funds ?
Did you sent your application before your time ?
Did you make a major mistake on your application ( you should have copies , so you can check them out)
I know it must hurt going to that mailbox , or keep checking your bank to see if it was cashed or not ...
Just wait , a little longer and you should be okay ... if worst happends you just reaply .. just see what the holdup is ... they should send you somethin back in case you dont get anythin back in 30 days just re-apply

p.s. this is what i would do but ... :eek:

1) I have more then sufficient funds.
2) I think I send it after the time. 6/28/2001. What date they look at the date they received or the date I mailed. 3/31 mailed .They received on 4/3.
Even if i count from 3/31 its 89 days (30+31+28). 3/30 makes it perfect 90 days so i waited 1 more day.
3) No major mistake on application.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my n-400 on 4/10. USPS delivered on 4/12. I believe I sent with right amount ($400) and all the information. I applied 6 days after completing 5 years. On my GC card, I had a wrong date, but I used date on approval letter (which was 2 years later than what was indicated on GC) to count 5 years and few days beyond.

Could this be because there may be rush for citizenships (due to illegal immigration situation, may be eligible people may have second thoughts about citizenship) or spring break. Or could it be they would require me to have GC correction done first ?

JoeF said:
Well, them receiving the application doesn't mean that they open it and enter it into their system right away. But it is indeed a bit long by now.
Did you send the right amount ($400)?

I send them $390, $320 for application plus $70 for fingerprinting.

why you saying $400. Is this change recently.

I just check it, yes it is changed, it should be $330 for application.
I had a old doc from which i read that the fee is $320.
I dont believe I made this mistake.
What should I do now. Are they going to send me back the whole thing or just ask for the difference.

JoeF,

Thanks for your valuable comments, you realy catch the mistake I did.
Just search this forum and found lot of others did the same mistake
some of them get the whole application back and some got a letter or form
to send the difference $10. I hope to hear something soon from the NSC.

Still feeling like killing myself:)-
I normally proof read my things still dont believe I made this mistake.

got application back

Today I got the application back from NSC stating need more funds .
My application was delivered to them on 4/3 and they put a stamp on it for 4/4. They wrote the letter on 4/10 and sent the letter out on 4/17. I got the mail on 4/20. They wrote a very professional letter asking me to send the application again with proper funds. $400. They also put the web address to get the proper info.
So I send them the application back by US Express mail today for tommorows delivery with proper fees. $400.

On their site if you look at Naturalization guide line doc . it still says $320 for application fees but on the other doc. for naturalization it says $330.
So if any one read the guide they will send the wrong fees amount. :eek:

I485-nsc

Hi Friends!

This forum has been very helpful and I'm impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of those who have posted replies to questions.

Thanks.

Hi

I got my N-400 application back due to less processing fee, $390 instead of $400.

I just resent with the correct amount. One thing I noticed though. In my 'returned' pack, USCIS sent me a notification list mentioning why the application is being returned. At the end of this list, however, they mentioned that I must 'attach' the notification list at the front of my returned app with missing information. On notification list, i observed there were 'stamp' such as 'pre screened' etc and a number (but NOT starting with WAC for CSC). I am wondering what could be the purpose of them asking me to attach the notification list.

Could it simply be they want to 'resume' processing from where it was left off.

Does that mean they have gone through basic eligibility criteria (5 years ) etc.

Does that mean they created 'internal' PD but withheld it till i send correct amount and application.

Any comments ?