Checked NO to "were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" on I-485. What now?

kyuri314

Registered Users (C)
I just realized that I made some mistakes on I-485. I just learned that I should've put YES on the question "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" on Part 3, I-485. I put NO because I thought "being inspected" meant something like being questioned/inspected cuz I looked suspicious or something.

Also I left the current USCIS status box as a blank thinking this is my first time filing anything to USCIS and therefore I shouldnt have any status yet. Im nervous now...what should I do..anyone know any similar case and what happened?

I just realized that I made some mistakes on I-485. I just learned that I should've put YES on the question "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" on Part 3, I-485. I put NO because I thought "being inspected" meant something like being questioned/inspected cuz I looked suspicious or something.

Also I left the current USCIS status box as a blank thinking this is my first time filing anything to USCIS and therefore I shouldnt have any status yet. Im nervous now...what should I do..anyone know any similar case and what happened?

Did you send a copy of your I-94 or ESTA stamp in your passport? If you did then I am sure they will figure out that it was a mistake,

Inspected means you spoke to an Immigration Officer when you entered the US.

Inspection can be as simple as getting a stamp in your passport and being waived through while the Inspector says "next" (if even that much). CBP gets a manifest of all the passengers before you land and checks everyone and really looks for people of interest and people acting suspiciously upon arrival.