Check out Visalaw.com (June 18 Update) for comments on the AILA Conference last week!!!

Racquelle

Registered Users (C)
There are changes coming at TSC re. training for their employees and soon EAD applications by electronic means, simultaneous I-140/I-485 applications, etc. The delays we are experiencing are consistent with the message the INS Director gave at the conference. Great reading!!

Good for future filers

But what about us? They did not mention anything about the backlog at TSC! That means it did nothing for us.

TCS is looking for more employees...

I heard this moring on KRLD 1080 AM (Dallas) a commericial from the INS saying they were looking for "ADJUDICATION OFFICERS". Are Adjudication officers a general term for all adjudicators of all kinds of petitions? or just I485 petitions?

It was interesting as I had never heard of a commercial from the INS before. Maybe they ARE really looking for more people and maybe they ARE going to get more efficeient...and maybe they ARE.......well, lets just wait and see..

For more info about this ad visit:

http://jsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/summary.asp?OPMControl=VX1374

There will be a written test for the applicants. There will be FBI and other agencies background checks and which may take from 4 to 6 months time. Once they are selected, they have to undergo for 2-3 months training and hands-on experience. So they will not be productive for the next 12 months. TSC has given the same advertisement in early 2001 and it took nearly 8 months for the background checks. May be we could expect better days after Apr 2003.

(Note: Lorenzo Lleras of usvisanews.com has visited TSC in Feb \'02.)

These are temporary jobs to clear the backlogs.

INS\'s aim is to acheive 6-month processing time by Sept \'04. Once they clear the backlogs, they could process the regular caseload with their permanant employees.