check if you are registered to vote

iceway

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I have been reading the post about registering to vote and citizenship denied.

Well, maybe I have a stupic question:

I´ve never been register to vote but I heard some people got registered without knowing that.

So I know you can check online if you are registered. Is it safe ??, I mean could they take your data and register by themself???. Is it better don´t check anything??.You need to put your birhtday and last 4 digits SSN or Driver License.

Thanks

The people who mentioned registering to vote in the recent threads didn't unknowingly do it. They knew they filled out a voter registration card. What they apparently did not know is that they were not supposed to register to vote.

If you didn't fill out any voter registration paper, put NO on the N-400 for that question and forget about it. If somebody registered you behind your back, you'll be able to defend that easily if it didn't have your signature.

The people who mentioned registering to vote in the recent threads didn't unknowingly do it. They knew they filled out a voter registration card. What they apparently did not know is that they were not supposed to register to vote.

If you didn't fill out any voter registration paper, put NO on the N-400 for that question and forget about it. If somebody registered you behind your back, you'll be able to defend that easily if it didn't have your signature.

iceway,

I think Jack is right. They can´t regidter without your permission.

BTw, I think you can check it online without any fear. That´s not going to register to vote.

Good luck

So I know you can check online if you are registered. Is it safe ??, I mean could they take your data and register by themself???. Is it better don´t check anything??.You need to put your birhtday and last 4 digits SSN or Driver License.

Thanks

Yes it's safe as long as its official voter registration site. They just check your status,not register you if you aren't.