Charlotte Interview/Oath timeframe?

jaws

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My interview is scheduled for the second week of July at the Charlotte office. I have to go on a biz trip to India for a week and I am not sure how to schedule it around my interview date. Are we allowed to travel after the interview and before the oath ? Anyone with Interview/Oath experiences at Charlotte office. If they do the oath on the same day, do I have to apply for a US passport and also for Indian visa before I travel ? Or, can I use my Indian passport to travel ? Your thots please.

Are we allowed to travel after the interview and before the oath
>> Yes. as a GC holder

If they do the oath on the same day, do I have to apply for a US passport and also for Indian visa before I travel ? Or, can I use my Indian passport to travel ?
>> Have to apply for US passport and Indian visa. Cannot use Indian passport, as you become a U.S Citizen after your oath. You can expedite delivery of your U.S passport, will still take a few days..

mgh2001 said:
Are we allowed to travel after the interview and before the oath
>> Yes. as a GC holder

If they do the oath on the same day, do I have to apply for a US passport and also for Indian visa before I travel ? Or, can I use my Indian passport to travel ?
>> Have to apply for US passport and Indian visa. Cannot use Indian passport, as you become a U.S Citizen after your oath. You can expedite delivery of your U.S passport, will still take a few days..

Please give some info as to which is the quickest method to get new US Passport after getting Naturilasation certificate. Can I go to "passport office" and show my travel plans and a ticket for travel in next three days to help for urent issue of the passport? Someone in thsi forum said so. What is this "passport office"?

Charlotte Timeline

Hello,
Could you please tell us the dates for N-400 from applying to getting Oath??

thanks