changingTN visa to I-485

ewamarshalek

I am Canadian in US on TN visa and got married to American citizen . I am filling out I-485 to get green card. Does my husband have to fill
out I-130 ?
If yes, then at the same time as me sending I-485?
can both forms be send together? or separate? or can he file I-130 online 1st?

Last edited:
Yes. I-130 and I-485 can be sent together (by mail, since I-485 can only be filed by mail), or I-130 can be filed first, and I-485 filed later with a copy of the I-130 receipt.

thank you,
I am mailing both forms (I-130 and I-485) together. both forms ask for same documents, like birth certificate, marriage certificate,
Do I print 2 copies and include 1 copy with I-130 and 2nd copy with I-485 ? Or one copy is enough as I am mailing both forms together?

Each form should be accompanied by its own set of complete applicable supporting documents.

thank you,
I am mailing both forms (I-130 and I-485) together. both forms ask for same documents, like birth certificate, marriage certificate,
Do I print 2 copies and include 1 copy with I-130 and 2nd copy with I-485 ? Or one copy is enough as I am mailing both forms together?
My husband is completing I-130 and I am completing I-485. Do I have to also complete Form I-130A ?