Changing son's status at Sos Security Office

atl30041

Registered Users (C)
Hello again,

My 17 yo son has a US passport (and sos sec card) but not yet certificate of citizenship. We'll apply for that before he turns 18.

To change his status with the sos sec admin from permanent resident to US citizen does he need to be at the office in person or is it enough if we take his passport, sos sec card and parents' certificates of naturalization, passports & sos sec cards with us and go there without him? We rather have him at school than at the sos sec office...:)

To change his status with the sos sec admin from permanent resident to US citizen does he need to be at the office in person or is it enough if we take his passport, sos sec card and parents' certificates of naturalization, passports & sos sec cards with us and go there without him? We rather have him at school than at the sos sec office...:)

I believe he needs to be there in person. Wait until summer vacation.

I just took my passport and my son's( 10 yr old) passport along with an new application . No sweat. Done in 2 mins.

If age is below 12, there is no need for the kids to be there in SSN office for this. If age is above 12, they have to be present in person.