Changing my parents case to AOS from CP

Victor3536

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I would greatly appreciate if someone can answer my questions. Here is the Scenario. I'm GC holder and my brother is citizen who had applied for my parents.

He applied for my parents in 2002 when they were visiting in US and opted for CP at B'bay. They left US after their visa expiration. Now, my parents are here in US visiting again. Meanwhile just before they came here in September their peitition was approved.

We received notification here but at my parents' Indian address they have not received anything yet.

Now, if we want to do AOS for my parents, what do we have to do ?
Do we have to notify NVC of AOS, so that they do not send any papers to the address in India ?
what is the exact process after the petition gets approved, if my parents would have been in India and waiting ?
Also what is the exact process if we file for AOS since they are here ?

I would greatly appreciate your answers ...

Thanks ..

normally they would have to go back to get it.

call INS and ask what to do

dont let your parents leave until you get an answer.

I would guess if you have an approval notice here, when they go back to India, if they have not received the approval as yet, let them take a copy of the notice you have here to the US Consulate. That will have some kind of a case # and the US Consulate can pull the record from there.

I am no sure if they can do AOS here as they had opted for CP in Mumbai. It all depends on what is their current status. If they left US while in AP, then you might want to check, but, if they are here on any other visa, then, legally speaking, they have to go back and collect their papers.

Guys

Thanks for your reply. They are here on visitor visa. My problem is I want to do their AOS while they are here, rather than going back and get it done all there in India. But can we do that ? if yes, then what is the process ? do we have to notify NVC to not transfer the case to Mumbai and allow to do AOS here. OR some ther ways are there ?

Thanks ..