Changing jobs on 485.

RandyS

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I've been so grossly underpaid that I could make more money cleaning cars. Therefore, I had two choices: continue with the current job and clean cars during the weekends using my EAD card or change jobs. I've decided to take the second option. I've found a job and they are ready to pay me about 60% more salary than what I'm making at this time. The title is different but about 70% of the job description is similar (employer has promised that they would make it 100% same, if BCIS asks for it.).

How much risky it would be to change jobs at this time. My number is WAC 02 174. Therefore, it may take another 6 to 8 months before my I-485 gets approved.

Thank you very much for reading it and for your comments.
Best regards.

70 % is good enough
why cant she make it now
employer should be willing to add a few`
extra words and clear this now itself
ask for it and get it

Job description

Tell your new employer to change the job description after you have changed the companies. I know some who did that. Job description is completely internal and they can handle such changes if your new manager is fine. After the job is pulled out of the web site, who cares what the description is ?

Even otherwise, you are ok but you have minimal risks down the pipeline depending on which INS officer opens your file.

some_guy

I would definitely go for the second option, 60% increment is a lot difference, plus they have the same job description which makes it almost risk free.

Good Luck

Whats wrong with cleaning the cars in the weekend....? I am sure you will get more moni doing that than any software job....

plus you mite get some chicks numbers while you are doing some cleaning...a perk which you wont get in software job. :D :D :D

Of course, second option

RandyS,

I did change my job during waiting for 485 approval. When INS asked RFE, the HR of my current job just signed my offer letter
from my attorney. They didn't care any difference. SO go ahead to change job as long as the HR of your new job is going to sign your offer letter from your attorney. 70% similar responsibility is enough from my experience.

BTW, my 485 was approved on 9/30/2003.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Guys, Thank you very much for taking time and responding to my questions. Your comments are very helpful to me and funny too. Once again guys, thank you for helping me and making me laugh at the same time.
Best regards

Re: Of course, second option

Originally posted by GodBlessForever
RandyS,

I did change my job during waiting for 485 approval. When INS asked RFE, the HR of my current job just signed my offer letter
from my attorney. They didn't care any difference. SO go ahead to change job as long as the HR of your new job is going to sign your offer letter from your attorney. 70% similar responsibility is enough from my experience.

BTW, my 485 was approved on 9/30/2003.

GOOD LUCK!

GodBlessForever, Is your 485 a Dec 2001 case or prior to that?