Changing jobs and labor cert - very urgent help needed!

GameEngine

Registered Users (C)
I hope some of the gurus out in these forum could help me! I can't get a straight answer from my lawyer...

my LC is pending for the last 3 years (PD: Oct 2002), and my 6 year limit on the H1 runs on on May 2006 (10 months away), I know I could extend the visa it on a yearly basis until GC is resolved, but what happens if I want to switch jobs right now - would I be able to start a new GC process at the new employer in my 6th year? will it be possible to use the original PD? could I then extend the new H1 past the 6th year? the new employer is well known and does immigration processing for thousand of people each year.

Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible!!!

GameEngine said:
I hope some of the gurus out in these forum could help me! I can't get a straight answer from my lawyer...

my LC is pending for the last 3 years (PD: Oct 2002), and my 6 year limit on the H1 runs on on May 2006 (10 months away), I know I could extend the visa it on a yearly basis until GC is resolved, but what happens if I want to switch jobs right now - would I be able to start a new GC process at the new employer in my 6th year? will it be possible to use the original PD? could I then extend the new H1 past the 6th year? the new employer is well known and does immigration processing for thousand of people each year.

It is possible to get an extension for seventh year, but application can be made only 6 months in advance. So I would urge you to wait with your employer for another 4 months, and then apply for premium processing for your seventh year extension with your NEW company based on LC filed with the OLDER employer. In the meantime, if the other company agrees, start your LC application as soon as possible so that you can keep on getting 8th year extension for H1.

GameEngine said:

You can not use the PD though

rajeevnair32 said:
It is possible to get an extension for seventh year, but application can be made only 6 months in advance. So I would urge you to wait with your employer for another 4 months, and then apply for premium processing for your seventh year extension with your NEW company based on LC filed with the OLDER employer. In the meantime, if the other company agrees, start your LC application as soon as possible so that you can keep on getting 8th year extension for H1.

Thanks rajeevnail32! would you say that it would be possible to switch now and file immidiately for PERM under the new company? I don't care about the PD much - more so on the 7th year extension - do you know if there is any rule that stop you from filing for GC in the 6th year??