Changing jobs 11 months after GC, previous AC21, spouse pending

aaifor

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I applied my GC in 2004. In Apr 2007, i invoked AC21 and switched employers. (I had sent Ac21 letters etc. to USCIS)

In July 2007, filed for spouse's I-485
Got my own GC in July 2007.

So I have been with my current employer for 11 months (end of May) after getting my GC.

Facts
Time worked for petitioner employer - roughly 3 years before getting GC
Time worked for new employer after GC - 11 months
Total time worked for new employer - 14 months

Question
Would my spouse's pending 485 have any queries regarding my employment (she is not working) for financial support that could cause issues if I find myself a new job?

Most people suggest that changing jobs 6-8 months after getting GC is a good rule of thumb; I am asking the above question since I have previously used AC21 to switch employment and am just wondering if my obligation to new employer would be similar, i.e. 6-8 months

Thanks

Your spouse might have respond to her RFE showing proof of continuing marriage in form of joint lease/mortgage, insurance etc. Apart from that, they don't care if you are currently employed or not because it your petition is not pending anymore.

Most people suggest that changing jobs 6-8 months after getting GC is a good rule of thumb; I am asking the above question since I have previously used AC21 to switch employment and am just wondering if my obligation to new employer would be similar, i.e. 6-8 months
You have already done more than 6-8 months post-GC with the new employer; what are you worried about now?

what are you worried about now?

He is worried about his wife's GC approval. After that he will start worrying about his naturalization and so on...