Changing job without 485 receipt

skumar2003

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,

My 485 was filed 1 year back.Got my FP done last august.
Now my company is not providing 485/140 receipts.. and I've given up trying. If I have to change company due to layoff/otherwise then what do I do ?
Also need a way to obtain EAD without company's knowledge.

Thanks

Do not do that.............

Hi

It’s really bad. Its better first laid off then talk to your company
Lawyer and get all the papers. Actually they cannot withdraw your I-140 because it has already passed 180 days. Without your receipt notice you cannot apply EAD or AP.

So better talk to any other lawyer regarding this.

Thanks...

We lost my wife's receipt in post. 2 years back, the way I got her Lin # and A # was by calling IIO at NSC. They search her data by her last name and gave me her Lin # and A #.

Last year, we applied for my wife's EAD by sending a letter saying that her receipt was lost, and to please consider her application. Her EAD was approved and we got the card.

If you want you can try some of those things.

At least ask your company lawyer to give you your A # or Lin #.

Hope this helps.

We never got 485 receipts.

HI!

My & my wife's 485 receipts were lost in the mail. I did not get them and the lawyer did not get them. NSC refused to issue duplicates.

They gave me our Lin # and A# over the phone. All you need is you A# - Your fingerprint notice should also have your A# - if you still have a copy of that.

I applied for EAD, AP and EAD renewal using A# only. That is all you need. They can look up the A# and see that you have filed for I-485.

So EAD should not be a problem with A# only.

Sorry can't help out with any info on job change etc.

Thanks and Details

Hi,
Here are my details.
RD 7/02
ND 07/02
FP 9/02

After the FP I was asked by the officer to return the
finger prining notice. But in turn they gave me another
Paper receipt as some "proof of finger printing". Now I think
this has the A# ..will check it.
My company's attorney provided the LIN# to me the day the 485 was filed..I also check the case status.

BCIS requires the 485 receipt to issue the EAD.. but as per your responses just A# would do. I will give it a try.

Would just LIN# and A# be enough for job change and
GC continuation ?

Thanks