changing job after the I485 been in process for 180 days

surtihadi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My spouse and I submitted our application for adjustment of status on April 3, 2002. The primary application is my spouse. Both of us are on EAD right now because the authorized stay that stated on I-94 based on H1b status expired before the expiration of our H1b permit. My question is:
1. Can my spouse move to a new company doing the same thing that she does and get paid the same without endangering our adjustment of status application?
2. What are the paper work involved in this situtation?
3. Does it have any affect on my case?
4. I want to extend my EAD but I do not know how to answer the one of the question on the form where it asked about my current status. Should I said "I485 pending" ?? Can anyone please help me with that.
5. Can my wife new company transfer her H1b eventhough I-94 said that it has expired?

Originally posted by surtihadi
Hi,
My spouse and I submitted our application for adjustment of status on April 3, 2002. The primary application is my spouse. Both of us are on EAD right now because the authorized stay that stated on I-94 based on H1b status expired before the expiration of our H1b permit. My question is:

[ab] Not sure how that happened??? U mean you I-94 mentioned a date that was earlier than your H expiration date???? Never heard of that before..

1. Can my spouse move to a new company doing the same thing that she does and get paid the same without endangering our adjustment of status application?

[ab] yes. Infact, salary does not needs to be the same.

2. What are the paper work involved in this situtation?

[ab] File AC-21 using a decent lawyer

3. Does it have any affect on my case?

[ab] No. As you are not the primary applicant, you can do whatever you wish..

4. I want to extend my EAD but I do not know how to answer the one of the question on the form where it asked about my current status. Should I said "I485 pending" ?? Can anyone please help me with that.

[ab] Not sure though I think it should be I485 pending.. Consult a lawyer

5. Can my wife new company transfer her H1b eventhough I-94 said that it has expired?

[ab] Not sure - consult a lawyer

The immigration officer that inspected us, put the date for the I-94 is 10 days from the expiration of the date on my visa stamp. I do not know why he did that. But that is really weird.