changing job after GC: talked to lawyer..

abouttime

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I talked to my lawyer about this and this is what I was told:
* It is okay to move to a different team. It doesn't matter if it is in a different location and so long as the job is not completely in a different field (like progamming to marketing), there is no perceived problem. It could be any other logical career progression.
* It is not okay to move to a different company. It is advisable to stay for atleast 6 months to an year but there is no guaranteed interval that ensures safety. The longer one stayed, the safer s/he is and the risk diminishes. That's exactly the point.

<hr>
Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and have no idea about all this. So, contact a lawyer before you make any decisions. What I have said is purely intended for general guidance and is not meant to be a substitute for professional legal advice. I accept no responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of anything that I've said.

not sure what the confusion is about. isn't this clear enough?

* not sure about the business.

=> not sure if one can start a business immediately after GC.

* company lawyer, yes.

=> I did go to my company lawyer.

nothing like this in guide to naturalisation

I read the guide to naturalization - it mentions nothing about working for an employer for 6/12/18 months after getting your GC

so where are these objections raised? and who would raise them? in case u did change u'r job after 2days or 2 months of getting u'r GC

what Natuarlisation document are you guys reading - pls point me to it?