Changing job after GC...Question.

Changing Jobs after getting green card

I realize that everybody is probably sick and tired of the same question over and over. I have checked the link JoeF has been recommending, and I understand that good faith and intent to stay with your employer forever after the i485 approval are the facts that INS is looking at. Now, what kind of evidence, will be considered proving the "bad faith" or lack of intent?
Also, second question, if for some reason my employer decides to lay me off or fire me shortly after I got my approval, what implications will that have for me. (just fyi, I have been working for the same company for 5 years, and they are treating me increasingly badly)i would greatly appreciate some input:) thanks in advance

No Title

Well, the thing is that I have not been looking for a job before I got approved (I have heard about intent before, so I was deliberate about that) and I just got an approval this week. I have not even had a passport stamped yet, but my understanding is that you are a PR when you get an approval. The siutation in the office is very political. Now what if I get fired or laid off, what implications will that have for me?? I am really worried about that right now, because I am sooo close, and I am afraid to screw anything up. I have not posted my resume anywhere let alone interviewed. I would appreciate your feedback greatly.

JOb Change

I read all the postings, but NOT sure what is good and whats bad to change the job after getting the GC approval/passport stamp. My contract with the client ends sometime in April and I have to find a new client before my contract ends, otherwise with company policies I will be terminated from the job. I asked at my current client, why you are looking, they said, they are looking for permanent position who has permanent residency or a citizenship instead of having a contractor in that position.
Can you guys tell me is it a good thing to take offer from the client after my contract ends....

Has job change affected anyone\'s green card after the AC21

I could not find any example of an individual in last 3-4 years whose GC got affected by changing job. I tried to ask lot of people around if someone\'s GC was revoked because they changed the job ?? and could not get any incidence. But yes all of them do say things like .. stay with the company for 3 months .. 6 months ..
But if you put the question in a different way
WHAT IF SOMEONE CAN CHANGE A JOB AFTER 6 MONTHS OF 485 FILING WHY NOT IMMEDIATELY AFTER GREEN CARD ?? then the answer is ..yes that is true , i am not sure ..

If someone posts the question here the answer is look into the document .. CHANGING JOB BEFORE AND AFTER IMMIGRATION ..www..

The Lawyer\'s site says YOU CAN CHANGE THE JOB.

At least no one I know has heard of a case revoking of GC OR GC affected by changing a job
. BUT I HAVE SEEN ATLEAST 5 -6 CASES IN WHICH CASE THE INDIVIDUALS JUST JOINED THE CLIENT WEEK AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD..

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOWS or READ ABOUT OR KNOWS A LINK FOR THE INCIDENCES of GC affected OF ANY REAL LIFE EXAMPLE PARTICULARLY AFTER OCT 2000\'s rule of 6 Months after 485 one could change the job???

MY CONCLUSION FOR CHANGING JOB AFTER GC IS
1. PEOPLE WHO ARE IN GOOD POSITION IN THERE JOBS WILL SAY WAIT FOR 1 YEAR.
2. PEOPLE WHO ARE IN BETTER POSITION IN THERE JOBS WILL SAY WAIT FOR 6 MONTHS.
3. PEOPLE WHO ARE IN OK POSITION IN THERE JOBS WILL SAY WAIT FOR 3 MONTHS.
4. INTENT - SHOULD NOT BE IN BLACK AND WHITE BEFORE THE GC ..AGREED

J_GREEN

Instances of revoked GC

Is anyone aware of instances where a GC was revoked because of job change ? Any numbers ? Facts ???

No Title

In my opinion you do not have a problem with intent at all, so go for a new job. If you do not, you will hardly have any job. Either your employer provides you with a job or not and that it is not your responsibility. Good luck!

joeF

Do you remember where deep in the INS website is this info? I kind of doubt that this could be in the thousands. Perhaps you saw application denials for I-485, but green cards revoked in the thousands would only make sense if they are counting people who leave the country for good, or some other reason (criminal, etcetera).

I saw a program on public tv where they showed a few cases of people who had green cards, had some trouble with the law years ago, but entire family and business here for years, went out to visit their countries, come back and got detained and imprisoned by INS. Anyway, it is always difficult to know how this adventure is going to turn out in the long term.