changing job after 180 days

No Title

see if your old employer can sign an employ letter for you when the yellow form come. one of my friend, first he quit, then got laidoff, but his first employer signed an employer letter for him when ins sent him a yollow form.

good luck.

No Title

I spoke to IIO and she told me you need to do I-140 redo if you change employer after 180 days. That takes currently 60 days. and you can be with EAD. But at least 4 month should be left on EAD. LAter you can update your EAD as usual. This I-140 redo is similar to company name change after merge. Its just a formality. Generally I-140 will nwver get rejected once it is approved previosly.

veeresh.

No Title

Hi, Veena, can you give more details about the conversation with IIO? did they mention when the 180 days start to count? from filing date or oct.17, 2000? One of previous postings mentioned INS will only allow cases filed after Oct.17, 2000 to be eligible for the 180 days rule. is that true? Thanks.

No Title

Hi, dhiraj_2000,

Which INS office do you refer to? I need to renew my EAD asap. I only have 10 days left. I have checked INS-Newark office, clearly they don\'t accept walk-in application. Appointment is necessary. Please help.

Appreciated.