Changing employer within 6 months of getting the Green Card

dallas812

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I got my Green Card in October 2004. It was through a contracting company. The company I was working as a contractor at, gave me a notice in January 2005 asking me to either quit or become an employee. I spoke with my contracting company and they did not have any issues with me joining the company I was a contractor at.
My interview for the citizenship application is scheduled for 9/15 and I wondering if this issue would create a problem? Should I get a letter from the contracting company that I left with mutual consent?

Please let me know.

I think you are OK. You stayed at least 3 months, and you stayed in the same field. So you are safe. I don't see need to get any documents from your old company.

I saw people leave the same day the get GC (they already planned to leave on AC21, but GC happened to be approved on the day they left), but stay in the same field. they pass the interview with no problem.

But I can understand your worries. Me too, 9 month already, still worried. Let us know how things going with you.

Your case they allowed to quit. I am little bit worried , the company laid off my jon when GC is in process , by god's grace ,I got my GC without any RFE. Now My questio will i get any problem if they notice this

Your case they allowed to quit. I am little bit worried , the company laid off my jon when GC is in process , by god's grace ,I got my GC without any RFE. Now My questio will i get any problem if they notice this

No. It wasn't your mistake. Make sure that you carry proper documentation if they question you.