Changing Attorney. Good or Bad?

nomanland

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Can you please give your opinion about changing lawyer now (RD March 2003/ PD Sep 2001). My current laywer says " They will not support my case ( I changed the employer), but any correspondence from USCIS will be sent to me".

Your thoughts pls.

Thanks

Hi All,

Can you please give your opinion about changing lawyer now (RD March 2003/ PD Sep 2001). My current laywer says " They will not support my case ( I changed the employer), but any correspondence from USCIS will be sent to me".

Your thoughts pls.

Thanks

IMO, you do not need a lawyer at this stage. File new G-28s form and give your name and address as the representative for yourself and your wife. Even after filing new G-28s, the correspondence may still go to old lawyer. If your lawyer is good professional, s/he will inform you if they receive anything on your case. They may not respond to USCIS though. Ask them if they will charge you a minimal fee for just acting as representatives (they have already been paid for 485s etc.). Then if you get an RFE etc. you can decide to pay them and have them answer it or answer yourself.

I think it is better to have a lawyer on record. Most of the time they send RFE to lawyer. It may go to you old lawyer even if you change G-28.
Request you old lawyer to contact you if there is any RFE OR you can hire a new lawyer.

My friend changed company twice. Never send out AC21. He changed lawyer once. INS Texas send out an RFE ( TB Skin test ) to his lawyer.