changing address

biggy

Registered Users (C)
I just filed my AOS application, but I need to change my
address within one month. I'm wondering whether I can
get a post office mailbox so that I don't need to change my
current mail address. One question is: will USPS simply
put all INS mails to my post office mailbox or it will return them?

THanks a lot.

I don't think PO BOX is a acceptable form of address to BCIS. More experienced people in the forum can verify that. My personal experince with the address change was that I send the address change form AR-11 to washington and also CSC service center. After a month I called the BCIS to make sure that they have my new address in their system and I was glad to see that they changed it to my new address.
You can do the same thing because all foreigners are required to send AR-11 within 10 days of your address change.

My painful experience is : don't expect post office will forward INS letters to your new address. You'd better: 1. file AR_11 to INS and 2. fax address change notice to CSC and 3. after 2~4 weeks call INS to confirm.

I lost my FP notice for half year and then delay the procedure for about 1 and half year.

Longwait2001

Not necessarily. It's your luck. These days everyone is getting RFE. INS is a very strange organization. They approve cases while sampling/training new employees but their are people waiting forever. As my lawyer says most inefficient organization in the universe.
My personal opinion don't move if you don't have to but also don't let INS dictate your life. Do what you have to do to for your benefit.