Changing address?!

skp19722003

Registered Users (C)
I filed my labor on Sept. 06th, 2002 and filed my 140&485 on Oct. 29th, 2003.
I dont' know when will I get my GC. Can I change my address(I mean, I want to move to different apartment complex)? Please advise guys? Thanks.

we changed our address while 485 pending.

1: AR11 form- submitted
2: called USCIS(1800-375-5283)-and changed the address for pending application.

skp, yes you can change your address with applications pending at USCIS. As dev0902 suggested you need to file AR11 form and mail it to some address in Kentucky (address is given in the form) and then call the 800 number and give them all the application numbers for you that are pending at USCIS (example, your I-485, I-765, I-131 if any). If you have dependent(s) you also need to file a seperate AR-11 form for each and if they are legal age they will need to call the 800 # themselves and update all their application(s).

Hope this helps.

it's easier to call 800 # directly. i just called to change add today and it only took 3 minutes to wait. you have to have your receipt handy when you call cause they will need your A# and lots of information. you can only call to update your add for 140, EAD or AP, etc. If you need to change add for 485, you have to ask your employer talk to them on the phone.

honeysusu said:
it's easier to call 800 # directly. i just called to change add today and it only took 3 minutes to wait. you have to have your receipt handy when you call cause they will need your A# and lots of information. you can only call to update your add for 140, EAD or AP, etc. If you need to change add for 485, you have to ask your employer talk to them on the phone.

That is really wierd - that you have to have your employer call to have your address changed, I mean! The 485 petition is something that the individual files himself and the involvement of the company is not needed (as is for the 140). So, why is the employer needed to change your address on the 485?

I think honeysusu may have made a typo. I agree with rajat, you need to update only your 485 and EAD/AP application numbers. You do not need to worry about 140 at all unless your employer has a change of address (example: relocation to new office).

That is what I did.

Also, just calling the 800# is not enough. You HAVE to file the AR11.

My 2 cents.