changing address and EAD clock

nss2009

Registered Users (C)
hi

i applied for asylum in oct 2013 and i am moving in a month to another place in the same city . would changing the address stop the 180 days EAD clock ? what about moving to another state thats covered under another asylum office?

are you sure? , moving to another state wont stop it? , you know how important EAD i s, just want to make sure

In your first post you said you are moving in another place but in the same city, this will not stop your clock. I moved also while my clock was pending, just make sure to inform asylum office about your new address. If you want to be more sure, call your asylum office with this question. Good luck.

thank you for your replies,

i found out that changing the address in the same city or to another area under the same asylum office wont stop the clock but moving to another venue might stop it

Could you guys let me know where can i find the pending application receipt to cahnge my address.
when i tried to use my ZSF######## receipt, it says its invalid... i dont know what to do and i dont have WAC######## reecipt number ever assigned to my case

you have to send them wriiten notice about change of your address. mentioning your full name, date of birth, A number, country of origin new n old address