Changin job; 6th yr ending; 7th yr xt pending; hv 140 apprved; Labor Subst used

KubAayeGaYeGc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus Help: Changin job; 6th yr ending; 7th yr xt pending; hv 140 appved;usd Labr Sub

Currently using substitution of Labor (filed in Aug 03) for my I485 (filed Jan 04) & have I140 already approved 10 months back.
I am going to complete my 6 yr in next 4 months & have filed the 7th yr (3 years) extension this week.
More over I am active in look out for new job as well.

My question is:

Since it is taking approx. 4 months for getting 7th year (SRC-***) extension approval (Company A). If get a new job (Company B) –

Main Concern:
· Is it recommended to file for H1B transfer to Company B after getting extension approved through Company A? If yes, if I upgrade my application to Premium then by what time can I expect to get the approval?

· Or Can Company B can also file my 7th year extension by the time my existing application of Company A is still pending?

Other Question:
· If there is a change in the Company will there be any impact on the Priority Date?
· Is there any necessary paperwork from the current company should I take before moving out?

Let me know if you wish to have more information for suggesting better.

-Manu-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kub...
My friend has a similar situation where He wants to use a sub LC and I140 approval from a company to get a beyond 6yr H1 extension from another company. The company which has the LC, said ok to do so and they will not stop the GC process.
The problem is the sub LC is a whole different area and not many lawyers know the exact rules.