Changes to U.S. work visa rules

No, this for non-immigrant work visas like H,L,O,P,I...... Earlier you could revalidate your visa within the US at the state department's visa processing center in St.Louis without having to go out of the country. They are stopping this effective I think first week of July because of the new requirement for two biometrics for visa issuance.

I am quite sure it does not apply to H1 renewals. It only applies for visa revalidation. The service centers can still renew the H1 inside the country like they do before.

If my memory serves me right, this new rule has been in effect for quite a while ( 1 or 2 years I think).

Mine is still in "that" MO center. See all approvals these days and don't know what to do but wait.
Did you do any of these? Call FBI for finger print and name check, contact Senator?

I am also from Michigan. Keep in touch.
RD 09/2002

kdm said:
Mine is still in "that" MO center. See all approvals these days and don't know what to do but wait.
Did you do any of these? Call FBI for finger print and name check, contact Senator?

I am also from Michigan. Keep in touch.
RD 09/2002

Did FP on Sep/2003
Yes I called FBI and they said it had been sent back to USCIS on the second day after I did my FP.
Not Contacted Senator. Even I don't know who to contact in Michigan. Do you know?

Keep In touch