Changed status of the petitioner - from lpr to us citizen! What to do?

diyora

Hi , my husband sent a petition for me to become an lpr while he was also lpr, butyesterday his status changed to us citizen! What should we do to update the case, so i no longer need to wait for visa number to apply for green card - i 485 form! Please help me))) can i just send my application with all requiring documents? Or i need to wait untill my i-130 approved? But its another 3 months to wait for nothing, since he is already a us citizen..

IF you are in the U.S. and at least entered legally on a visa THEN an I-485 is the correct way to proceed.
IF you are abroad, THEN you will go through Consular Processing (DS-230).

In either case, the newly naturalized petitioner first needs to "UPGRADE" the I-130 from F2A to IR classification. He needs to get a copy of his signed naturalization certificate into the pending I-130 file. He needs to contact USCIS and find out where the file is in order to direct the NEW EVIDENCE to the file and move it into the IR processing queue. The I-130 receipt number is how he will identify the file that he wants to get the information into.

There are various ways to accomplish this task but you have not supplied enough information to figure it out.

Hi , my husband sent a petition for me to become an lpr while he was also lpr, butyesterday his status changed to us citizen! What should we do to update the case, so i no longer need to wait for visa number to apply for green card - i 485 form! Please help me))) can i just send my application with all requiring documents? Or i need to wait untill my i-130 approved? But its another 3 months to wait for nothing, since he is already a us citizen..

Are you inside or outside the US?