Changed Sponsor Employer, Filled AC21 and now traveling to India on Vacation

Prasad79

Hi,
Could you all please let me know if anybody has in the same situation explained below and how you have handled the situation?

Company A had filled my Green Card (I485), after working for 5 years with them then I have moved to Company B. I have moved to Company B only after 2 years when I140 was approved and working with Company B on EAD.

Company B had offered me same Job Title and same salary has Company A.
Beginning of this year I have also filled AC21 informing USCIS about my change of company information.

Questions:

I am planning to Visit India by this year-end and I will be travelling on using
Advance Parole.

If an Immigration Officer asks in which company I am working then what should I say it is Company A or Company B. I will answer that I am working with Company B.

Will there be any problem If an Immigration Officer find's that I have changed my sponsor company?

Did anybody travel recently on the same situation and how it was? And how did you handle the process at the Port Of Entry?

Please explain your experience. Thank you all in advance and waiting for your responses.

I did travel to India in June with AP and was in the same situation as yours while traveling. At POE (SFO) I was not asked a single question and paroled me in. Guess I was lucky. If any question asked about employer state your current employer.

Greencard is for future employment. So as long as you have valid AP & your I485 case is pending, you are fine. Even if it is asked tell the current employer name. You do not have to explain any thing. I had travelled twice on AP after chaning job before my GC.

My GC sponsored employer A had a job offer but I am company B now with a EAD and 485 pending. Is it okay to go back to A now or I have to stick with B for 6 months

My GC sponsored employer A had a job offer but I am company B now with a EAD and 485 pending. Is it okay to go back to A now or I have to stick with B for 6 months
if you go back to A now or before I-485 gets approved then work with A after you get GC. If filed AC21 with B job offer and want to remain with B till I-485 gets approved then work with B after GC or I-485 approval. you have not provided info if you have filed AC21 with B job offer letter or not. What is your PD(LC filing date)? Country of Birth? EB2 or EB3?

Thank you Ginnu, as always you give very good insightful suggestions. I did not file AC21 paperwork with company B employment letter. I got biometrics notice on 09/28 and gave it next day (walkin). My signature is below

PD: 10/05
Category : Eb2
Country of birth: India

if you go back to A now or before I-485 gets approved then work with A after you get GC. If filed AC21 with B job offer and want to remain with B till I-485 gets approved then work with B after GC or I-485 approval. you have not provided info if you have filed AC21 with B job offer letter or not. What is your PD(LC filing date)? Country of Birth? EB2 or EB3?

Thank you Ginnu, as always you give very good insightful suggestions. I did not file AC21 paperwork with company B employment letter. I got biometrics notice on 09/28 and gave it next day (walkin). My signature is below

PD: 10/05
Category : Eb2
Country of birth: India

Do you want to go to A?
What benefits you see with going to A
Does A have job for you? if A has job why dont you join A now?
Does A have ability to Pay?
Did A got job offer letter to you?
Is A ready to give job offer letter if asked by USCIS?
*** If you plan to work with A then why don’t you join A now??
***** if you plan to work with B then better file AC21 before the approval of I-485 to avoid any problems later at the time of citizenship

Do you want to go to A?
What benefits you see with going to A
Does A have job for you? if A has job why dont you join A now?
Does A have ability to Pay?
Did A got job offer letter to you?
Is A ready to give job offer letter if asked by USCIS?
*** If you plan to work with A then why don’t you join A now??
***** if you plan to work with B then better file AC21 before the approval of I-485 to avoid any problems later at the time of citizenship

Do you want to go to A? No, unless needed
What benefits you see with going to A : Nothing
Does A have job for you? if A has job why dont you join A now? : A has a verbal offer, still the actual offer need to come through
Does A have ability to Pay? : Yes
Did A got job offer letter to you? : No
Is A ready to give job offer letter if asked by USCIS? : Yes provided I get the actual offer letter
*** If you plan to work with A then why don’t you join A now?? : I am thinking that if I get RFE then I can join A and in addition, I am waiting to get the actual offer letter
***** if you plan to work with B then better file AC21 before the approval of I-485 to avoid any problems later at the time of citizenship : Does not USCIS take this into consideration (AC21 case as they are supposed to verify the docs) and ask for it if needed when they look into my case

Do you want to go to A? No, unless needed
What benefits you see with going to A : Nothing
Does A have job for you? if A has job why don't you join A now? : A has a verbal offer, still the actual offer need to come through
Does A have ability to Pay? : Yes
Did A got job offer letter to you? : No
Is A ready to give job offer letter if asked by USCIS? : Yes provided I get the actual offer letter
*** If you plan to work with A then why don’t you join A now?? :

I am thinking that if I get RFE then I can join A and in addition, I am waiting to get the actual offer letter
-----------I don’t see that A has given you job offer letter or A has job for you and how much A is going to pay you. If I am in your situation and working with B and B is paying on time then I will not go to A. FYI if USCIS sends RFE then they will ask for your current employer job offer letter and Ability to pay documents from current company. If you invoke AC21 by sending B job offer letter then chances are very less for RFE as the USCIS will have info about your current employment and job offer letter to invoke AC21. If you are waiting for RFE then USCIS will send RFE and then you will collect letter from current employer and other documents from current employer then your Lawyer has to send RFE reply then somebody has to again pull your I-485 file at service center then officer has to again read the RFE reply. Why give more work to them or your lawyer? What if at the time RFE is replied your PD is not current or again retrogresses?

***** if you plan to work with B then better file AC21 before the approval of I-485 to avoid any problems later at the time of citizenship :

Does not USCIS take this into consideration (AC21 case as they are supposed to verify the docs) and ask for it if needed when they look into my case
---YES
----------------