changed name upon naturalization, do I need to change my driver license before applying for passport

rumba.mamba

I changed my name upon naturalization (only removed an "a" at the end of my family name in order to match my husband's family name - a common problem with Russian and other Slavic names).
Do I need to change my drivers license and my Social Security card (these are the two documents required when one applies for a passport) before applying for a US passport?
Or I can do it afterward? I would like to apply for a passport immediately after my oath ceremony, but I am not sure whether it is possible with my old drivers license (showing my old name).
Thanks!

You can apply for passport before you change drivers license and Social Security card if you want to apply for a passport immidiatly, but make sure you send the name change document with Naturalization Certificate when you apply. If you are applying at post office, the clerk will ask for picture ID which will be DL and you can explain about name change.
Also you need to show original Naturalization Certificate and name change document to change drivers license and Social Security card so if you apply for passport first than you need to wait till you get Naturalization Certificate and name change document back.