Changed Jobs before Green Card

Hi Koolvik,

Did IO go in details of why you were laid off/letter etc?

also on N400 did you put exact dates of your employment?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Manoj

Sorry, if it is not clear but I have not gone throught the interview yet. I have submitted the N-400 application and am expecting to be interviewed around Sept-Oct. timefream (as per my DO). I did put the exact dates of my employment but it does not include the name of my GC Petitioner as I have indeed changes quite a few jobs :). I do have the details from the GC Petitioner when I was laid off. In case you are looking for, following is the line of questioning form the I/O's field manual that you should prepare for:

– Did you ever work for the petitioner?
– How long did you work for the petitioner?
– In what capacity did you work for the petitioner?
– Why did you leave the position?
– What were you paid?
– Where did you work for the petitioner (location)?
– Where did you go or work after you left your job with the petitioner or instead of working for the petitioner?
– When did you first learn that there would not be a long-term position for you?

Good luck.

Thanks koolvik

Hi koolvik,

Thanks for the response. Hope we never get those questions.

Wish you all the best for interview.

-Manoj

Good luck to you as well waitingforins2. I know you have been waiting since you will be eligible to file N-400 in April (almost there). You should be fine as you still worked 6 months after I got my GC I were laid off. If you have been reading some posts lately, USCIS has been liberal in approving Employment related GCs in terms of the time one had worked for the petitioner after getting the GC.

Keep us informed when you file (and under what DO).:)

Koolvik7 & all folks,

Please post your experiences in this forum on what you guys were asked in your interviews.

gc_guru, I have not gone through the interview yet (as stated earlier in the same thread). Check out the previous posts from obongo, PR2001Cit2007, and lately reddyrx whose N-400 application have been approved recently.

Have you filed your application yet or are still debating? Looking at your previous posts you would be totally fine.

any updates?

any updates?
how did your interview went?
any questions about the GC employer (not listed on N400)?