changed job , got RFE and responded RFE

vsc485485

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
If you read my previous post... You already got idea that situation which I am in right now.

Got RFE for employment letter and pay stub...and I changed job already.
The way which I responded RFE as follow:
1, letter from old software company to express the strong interest in employing me back with the info like, salary, title and duties.
    I happen to have a good relationship with old employer. But the salary is whole less than I am making right now.
2. pay stub from current employer.

The reason that I responded RFE this way is that I heard that GC is for future employment.... What is your guys input for this?
How much chance that I got approved?
How much chance that I got transferred to local?
How much chance that I got second RFE? what is that going to be?
How much chance that I got denied? then what is the options...

Mailed response a day before.....
Give your input....

This board has been a good place for me to get some real advice and some hope for this long GC torture...
Thanks

No Title

One moore thing to add...
I am using EAD to work for the new employer....
As a safe back up, I am planning to do a H1 through the current employer...
Questions as follow:
1, How should I proceed with this new H1 thing?
2. Do I have to go out of country to do so?

Thanks!

No Title

I think you are going to be okay. Because, as you said, GC is for a future employement. Most people just happen to work for the same employer while the GC is in progress. Someone who asked this question to IIO got an answer saying that, your GC sponsoring employer can provide a letter stating that they are still interested in you after the GC, then you should be fine. Which you already have got on the old employer\'s letter. I think H1 is not necessary. But it is just my opinion.

No Title

Thanks for the reply!
I got so disaapointed ... becuase more than half of lawyers I talked to seems have a bad feedback regarding to this....

No Title

Yes, that is because, most of them are used to dealing with common type of cases. They do not try to keep up with immigration matters in detail. I would suggest someone like Rajiv Khanna. I think he is a very reasonable attorney when it comes to service and fees. Also he is more informed and reliable than some attorney somewhere handling just a few common type cases. There are lot of people who are having sleepless nights. For example, my employer also is taking advantage of my situation and has not given me a raise in more than 2.5 years now. I am stuck with him since 1995. Ofcourse, your situation is little more difficult one than mine. But try to pretend you don\'t care for the GC when it comes to the worst case.

No Title

Well I think this gives me more help in taking decision to change job after 460+days since filing 485 and having work for almost 3.5 years with same employer of which 2 yrs without raise.

No Title

thanks for suggestions!

I already responsed the RFE at this point...
I would like to know more what may happen next... refer to my original post...
what do your guys think about my questions?

No Title

VSC485485,
 I got exactly same RFE as yours in Dec..Is this one of standard letters?
 I didn\'t reply yet.Just try to find the safe way to do it.

My new company lawyer filed H1b application for me as backup and he said I do need go out the country to get H1b visa.

No Title

jason,
I think that it is standard RFE... Just a personal believe....
Question for you regarding to H1B...
what kind of procedure to get H1B your lawyer told you?
I think that you have to prepare some paperwork here in US, after that, then you go out ...
Please share!

By the way, i saw a post here by a person...
he/she has the same situation and send in both from new employer and get trasfered...

No Title

Guys,
Need your guys input here...
How come there are almost no responses?
My guess is that there are not lot of people who changed job and just trying to play it safe?

No Title

VSC485485,
 My lawyer filed my H1b as regular and he did say I need go out the country to get H1b visa. I don\'t know when. I may need ask him.

No Title

Vsc485485, I am in the same situation as you are, but I was laid off because of short of requirements in the market. But by that time I already applied for i-485 and EAD. My employer himself suggested me take a job using EAD once I get it. And they also said that they would give me REF letter if in case INS request one, saying that they are interested to hire me in the future. This happened in JAN 2000. Next month I got my EAD and I took a job changing my skills from mainframes to Java working hourly. I havent got FP yet, but definitly after that I will get REF letter. So I am searching for people who are in the same boat. Please email the status of your REF to chadap@hotmail.com

EB2, I-485, ND DEC 1999, No FP yet,

No Title

Jason,
If you get the info like what your lawyer is doing right now in US to prepare for an H1b
and reason for you go out .
Please do let us know...

Thanks!

No Title

Hi vsc485485,

I\'m in the similar situation as yours. As my employer is willing to provide letter and rehire me after GC, I\'m taking the same steps as you have taken.
Did your RFE and 485 got approved?
Did you use another H1 or I-140 as alternative?

Please update.

Thanks,
Shrini100