Changed job <180Days need Suggestions

Dec13

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Here is my situation
Lost job after filing I-485. I waited 3months on bench for comapany A who filed my GC , but no Luck. Got job on EAD with comapny B and joined on hourly salary which is 50% more than the salary mentioned in labour and also in less than 180days.
Question is how do I deal with INS now.
Do I need to intimate the change in job with INS? --lot of people are not suggesting this--
As my RD is approching closer(RD Dec13 2001) What documents do I need to keep ready for any possible RFE?
I even didnot intimate the attorney about the job change,but they would still represet my case(with company B) with INS by charging the fee, which they have done in the past for my friend.
Hourly salary is more , does it matter?
Can any one suggest what kind of (format) employer letter should I ask from new employer? as it is not perm position.
What are my options?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Here is my situation
Lost job after filing I-485. I waited 3months on bench for comapany A who filed my GC , but no Luck. Got job on EAD with comapny B and joined on hourly salary which is 50% more than the salary mentioned in labour and also in less than 180days.

Question is how do I deal with INS now.
Do I need to intimate the change in job with INS? --lot of people are not suggesting this--

Iam in the same position as you, i too changed the job within 180 days. I also changed the attorney as my previous company's attorney told that it would be inappropriate for her to handle my case. So hired another attorney. My Attorney suggested that I better do not inform abt job change unless i get an RFE

As my RD is approching closer(RD Dec13 2001) What documents do I need to keep ready for any possible RFE?

Reply : Mostly the Paystubs for 3 to 6 months, 3 years w2/tax returns. Also please see todays postings from one of the Ac21 guy who got approval.

I even didnot intimate the attorney about the job change,but they would still represet my case(with company B) with INS by charging the fee, which they have done in the past for my friend.
Hourly salary is more , does it matter?
Reply : I guess you are better off talking to the attorney if ther is an RFE.

Can any one suggest what kind of (format) employer letter should I ask from new employer? as it is not perm position.
What are my options?

Reply : Please see Paccha's posting. He posted the employment letter format.

Thanks in advance.

I am very much in the same situation including the fact that I went hrly with rate 50% more than earlier. I have left that company too now and become full time with another. However, the company I joined hrly made it even tougher for me since they did not want to mention that I am permanent (which I was not) and also did not want to mention future employment explicitly. Fortunately, my attorney framed a letter for me that was mere juggling with words to ensure that my company and INS are convinced. I cannot say if that helped since I am still waiting. Moreover, being full time now, I am in a better position as far as employment letter is concerned.

My attorney suggested that I inform INS just to play it safe but I guess everyone has a ddifferent opinion.

ND 11/08/01
RD 12/06/01